• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More catering!

RobM.

Manager
.from my poll, I will write to GK about the results.
I would like serious suggestions on how to improve things - not "LESS QUEUEING"  as that doesn't help. Be specific about what you want and how to achieve it, e.g. "decent sausages from a local butcher" or "Soup and Bovril".
Thanks chaps and chappettes, no action will mean no change!
upside.gif
 <--- just put that in because I like it

Dispensing machines at various points around the ground that are stocked with crisps, chocolate bars etc. This will allow people who just want a quick snack going there and buying them and not joining the queue for burgers, pies etc.

Also I have seen at grounds, Tranmere a number of years ago spring to mind, people walking around with &#39;Ghostbuster&#39; style back packs on which basically dispensed hot drinks (tea, coffee, bovril etc). A few of these wandering along the front or back of the stands selling hot drinks would also bring the queues down at the hot food stalls. Alternatively, how about further machines which dispenses these, the sort you get in large offices where you put yout money in, input the code and a cup falls down and is filled with the beverage of your choice.

I feel that if this is the case then more people would bother to get a pie or burger as they won&#39;t have to miss the start of the second half still in the queue. More people buying will mean they can try different and better products.

We all went to the Valencia v Real Madrid game last night and there were food outlets and dispensing machines about every 25m or so around the ground (inside and out) serving everything to crisps and chocolate to tasty ham &amp; cheese bocadillos. Considering there was something like 60,000 people there, the provision of food worked with very little problems.

And the serving staff were friendly as well&#33;

WS

PS - Harry Barris endeared himself to several Valencianos with his masterful grasp of Spanglish&#33;

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,10:05)]like cappacino, late, mocochino etc..........
I&#39;d have thought that coffee (black or white, strong or weak) tea, hot chocolate, soup and bovril would be a bit more appropriate for a football match.

As much as I occasionally like a nice mocochino from a cafe my needs at a game are a bit more basic - something cold and hot from a plastic cup to warm me up will suffice
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,10:10)]Yeah but with the Coffee Vending machines you can have extra choice at no extra cost&#33;
Fair point, so no harm in trying I suppose. Loads of caffeine wired Shrimpers should make for a good atmosphere at least&#33;

biggrin.gif

How about a few American-style human vendors in a few aisles with basic snacks (cocs, crisps) and others with beverages slung over their chests?

This would also cut queue&#39;s down.

Also, chips, improved quality of food in general and bacon sarnies would tempt me to rejoin the lines at the food outlet.

right, in quite a few grounds that i have been too there have been say like coke vending machines etc, other snack machines really couldnt harm, although i dont know where you would put them at the hall. I cant see people walking down the aisles at half time because say if we have a biggish crowd no one would be able to get down. i like the idea of coffee machines could be gud. we should really have more of a choice of hot foods such as bacon rolls and more pies, the queues are a joke and maybe could be sorted out having a hatch the other side of where you get served as well. Would help people trying to get to the loo or bar etc (west stand) Tim

Well over the main side you had the main counter for hot food and hot drinks. Opposite this there was 2 vending m/c&#39;s. One was for chocolate which had an excellent selection of about 10/15 bars. The other one was for cold drinks and ranged from fizzy to non-fizzy stuff (coke, ribena, lucozade). Priced at 50p for chocolate and a quid for drinks. Then other the other side, i think there was a place just to get a warm drink although im not 100% and isn&#39;t really relevant for us as we dont have 2 seperate areas ...

Kev

OK Ta.
I think Curly Bob summed it up well in &quot;All At Sea&quot;, Cafe Football&#33;
blues.gif

Bacon Rolls and Chips need to be added to the menu. A lot more people would eat at Roots Hall if these were added to the menu in my opinion.

Personally, the idea of fish and chips really interests me. If it&#39;s not fish and chips, I may carry on just getting fish and chips before or after the game.

Chips and bacon rolls, I agree entirely. Vending machines are also a cracking idea although I&#39;d be slightly worried about their treatment by the yob minority in the crowd.
I&#39;d like to see much better quality in the burgers and hot dogs - not just rubbish frankfurters but some nice real sausages.
Also a greater variety of non-heated snacks would be good.

Back