• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrustyTheKray

President
Just been googling for any transfer rumours connected to SUFC and in particular Freddy.

Well could he make the same step as super Stan The Man Collymore did?

Just look at this link on a Liverpool unofficial forum.

Someone claiming to work with Freddy's sister?
rock.gif
 Surely this guy would be sworn to secrecy???

Would this be a move Freddy would be interested in considering he supports Man Utd.  But how could he pass up the opportunity of playing for the 5 times European Champions, and follow in the footsteps of Stan The Man.

If he does go, and thats a major if, what could be the fee involved?  Anyone for £4-5 Million??

You heard it here first.

I'd love him to stay for the whole of this season, but you never know if he keeps banging the goals in.  As Tilly quoted "bigger clubs will be bashing the door down trying to sign him".

Another note, is look at the link between both clubs over the years - Ronnie Whelan, Steve Harkness, Andy Harris and Stanley.

I wonder?

I'd rather him go to the Pool than Newcastle or Pompey.

Eastwood to Anfield?

`Can't say I've heard of him' !!!!!!!!!!!

Same game, maybe, but it really is a different world we play in

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 11 2006,14:47)]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly what i think!

But it's not like Liverpool are unaware of us.

I wonder if Ronnie Whelan still has any contact and conversations with the backroom and main men at Anfield.

Afterall he's a very highly respected man at the club, and was a hero there in his playing days.

Whelan still has a soft spot for Southend, just look how many times he's been in the sky studio when we've been on the telly!

He's said good things about us, even though he was sacked by SUFC and let Tilly go on a free.

Watch this space i guess?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The greatest striker in our history signed from Chester...

Their talking about when they signed Ian Rush from lowly Chester!

No surely Big Liverpool can't be after a player from Little Southend??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,14:46)]Just been googling for any transfer rumours connected to SUFC and in particular Freddy.

rock.gif

Would this be a move Freddy would be interested in considering he supports Man Utd.  But how could he pass up the opportunity of playing for the 5 times European Champions, and follow in the footsteps of Stan The Man.

If he does go, and thats a major if, what could be the fee involved?  Anyone for £4-5 Million??

You heard it here first.

I'd love him to stay for the whole of this season, but you never know if he keeps banging the goals in.  As Tilly quoted "bigger clubs will be bashing the door down trying to sign him".

Another note, is look at the link between both clubs over the years - Ronnie Whelan, Steve Harkness, Andy Harris and Stanley.

I wonder?

Eastwood to Anfield?
The link between the clubs you mention has been dormant for about ten years. If we think he would bench warm at somewher like Portsmouth, he may not even make it onto the bench at Liverpool. Tosh of the highest order!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 11 2006,15:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,14:46)]Just been googling for any transfer rumours connected to SUFC and in particular Freddy.

rock.gif

You heard it here first.

I wonder?

Eastwood to Anfield?
The link between the clubs you mention has been dormant for about ten years. If we think he would bench warm at somewher like Portsmouth, he may not even make it onto the bench at Liverpool. Tosh of the highest order!
Yes i know, but look when they signed Rushy from Chester.

Look how much of a success Stan the Man was at Anfield. I place Eastwood in the same bracket, only thing is Freddy is more level headed than our mighty Stan.

Freddy could be a similar signing to them as Hooper is to us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,15:05)]Freddy could be a similar signing to them as Hooper is to us.
Apart from Hoopers only 18 and Freddy is 23. I know he is still young but surely at that age you don't want to be sitting on a bench, at the very least. In the same breath, I would be disppointed if Freddy didnt go to an established Prem club but maybe Liverpools a stretch too far....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,15:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 11 2006,15:02)]
[b said:

rock.gif

You heard it here first.

I wonder?

Eastwood to Anfield?
Yes i know, but look when they signed Rushy from Chester.

Look how much of a success Stan the Man was at Anfield.  I place Eastwood in the same bracket, only thing is Freddy is more level headed than our mighty Stan.

Freddy could be a similar signing to them as Hooper is to us.
Yes, but two points to mention:

1. They have struggled to raise the necessary cash to make a big splash in the transfer market so would they do £3m on one for the future, and a 22 year old is a bit different to an 18 year old.

2. I met Freddy once, seemed like a nice chap but incredibly shy. People also tell me how close he is to his family and I sometimes think that must come into him staying put.

However, as some have said before, a financial package to set yourslf up for life is the potential challenge we face.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,14:57)]I wonder if Ronnie Whelan still has any contact and conversations with the backroom and main men at Anfield.

Afterall he's a very highly respected man at the club, and was a hero there in his playing days.

Whelan still has a soft spot for Southend, just look how many times he's been in the sky studio when we've been on the telly!

He's said good things about us, even though he was sacked by SUFC and let Tilly go on a free.

Sorry Tone but totally wrong on that point!
Whelan uses any Southend related outings on Sky Sports to voice his contempt from the club.  I know I'm not alone on here in those that think he's still bitter his one foray in English club management began & ended with us.

Had a lot of time for him as a player but he's turned into a bitter overweight stroker since his retirement!  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Aug. 11 2006,15:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,15:05)]Freddy could be a similar signing to them as Hooper is to us.
Apart from Hoopers only 18 and Freddy is 23. I know he is still young but surely at that age you don't want to be sitting on a bench, at the very least. In the same breath, I would be disppointed if Freddy didnt go to an established Prem club but maybe Liverpools a stretch too far....
I agree!

But Eastwood has progressed though the divisions, whats to say he wont progress again. I rate him as much as i rated Collymore.

I'd hate to see him leave, but you just know the day will come along where he will leave Roots Hall

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 11 2006,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 11 2006,14:57)]I wonder if Ronnie Whelan still has any contact and conversations with the backroom and main men at Anfield.

Whelan uses any Southend related outings on Sky Sports to voice his contempt from the club.  I know I'm not alone on here in those that think he's still bitter his one foray in English club management began & ended with us.

Had a lot of time for him as a player but he's turned into a bitter overweight stroker since his retirement!  
mad.gif
Maybe so, but he hasn't publicly slagged us off on sky when he's been on there IIRC.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 11 2006,15:10)]
[b said:

mad.gif
Thanks, Richard, saved me some typing there!

smile.gif

I think English football is very different now to when Liverpool signed Rush from Chester. In those days it was common practice to raid the lower leagues for the best players and the only foreign players were Scottish!
I remember what an attraction Mirandinha was at Newcastle when he first arrived. People flocked from miles around just because he was from another country.
These days, if Liverpool are looking for a forward they are going to go abroard (Kuyt, Gonzalez), a guy that's done it in the Prem for a lesser side (Crouch), or an 18-year-old whizzkid who is showing potential and is worth the investment.
Even Stan didn't go direct to Liverpool. He bridged the gap with two years at Forest first and showed he could hack it at that level.
And to even suggest that Freddy's sister would have a job...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Che Wilson best buddies with Craig Bellamy? They were at Norwich together.

And IIRC Bellamy was at the Mil Stad to watch one of our LDV Final matches.

I'm pretty sure Bellamy knows all about Freddy.

I wonder if we've had Liverpool scouts at the Hall then, or at away games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back