• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, it is a disgrace.

This isn't about Southend United, this is about lower league football in general. It is his job and he can't even be arsed to put in an hour's preparation each week by watching the Football League show.

Slipper quite rightly called Alan Shearer out for his lack of effort, and this is exactly the same crime.

The 5 o'clock R5 sports report now often relegates a summary of the day's action to a couple of minutes at the end of the programme after doing a round up of every sport under the sun - does anyone really tune in to sports report to hear how Andy Murray is doing in the 3rd round of the Ugandan open?
When I do listen to 6-0-6 now I like to play a game where I see how many callers accents match the locality of the Premiership club they claim to support - about 25% I would say

Shrimpers on the rise thanks largely to wily manager

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...1/nov/06/paul-sturrock-southend-united-oxford

apologies if someone has posted this already, but I haven't seen anyone do so.

Good to see another story in the national media.

"Sturrock, in brown suit and bearing a bottle not apparently of water, surveyed proceedings with pride rather than passion, as a landowner might his estate and prize cattle."

Strange thing to say above - on what basis would the clear liquid in Sturrock's water bottle not be water?

Great to see this. Luggy has done an exeptional job in trying circumstances. Long may this continue.

Back