• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More on Racism in Football.

Garth Crooks is a banal simpleton who uses 50 words when 5 would have sufficed. Anything he writes or says should be immediately discounted.

Yes, I agree. Rosenior was sacked by L2 Torquay for taking them to the brink of relegation and then managed to land himself a job at L1 Brentford! Hardly Robben Island, is it?

Ince was overlooked for the Wolves job because he had no experience and McCarthy had loads.

Ince has now proved himself, to a certain extent, and is being linked with bigger jobs.

All seems in order to me.

can't even be bothered to read all that... instead of looking at the colour of coaches skin, look at their record!

This is similar to the debate that crops up about there being so few Asian-origin footballers in the Football league. It's because they're not good enough. Good players, like good managers, will always be found and will make it to the top if they have the talent.

I honestly believe that 'Football see no colour'

can't even be bothered to read all that... instead of looking at the colour of coaches skin, look at their record!

The problem is that nobody is giving black coaches the chance to manage at a higher level. Given the number of black players in the English game it seems a bit odd that a tiny percentage of them are getting the chance to coach / manage league clubs.

Glad bulk of people seem to have seen sense...

Garth Crooks is the black Nick Griffin for my mind. Always find this arguement such bollocks. Someone with ability will always rise to the top.

Leroy claimed he didnt get a top job as he was black. No Leroy its because you are dog ****.

:flamer:

The problem is that nobody is giving black coaches the chance to manage at a higher level. Given the number of black players in the English game it seems a bit odd that a tiny percentage of them are getting the chance to coach / manage league clubs.

If Tilson left and you were chairman, would you give the Southend job to Alexander, Kamara, Rosenior or Crooks?

This is similar to the debate that crops up about there being so few Asian-origin footballers in the Football league. It's because they're not good enough. Good players, like good managers, will always be found and will make it to the top if they have the talent.

I honestly believe that 'Football see no colour'

Actually, I believe its more ingrained than that, and reflecting Indian and Asian cultural upbringing.

John Barnes hardly excelled at Celtic either.

This is not just about opportunity being denied, although without stats showing the % of Black former players taking their coaching badges compared to White it would be hard to prove.

Actually, I believe its more ingrained than that, and reflecting Indian and Asian cultural upbringing.

true... at uni i've played with some absolutely amazing asian footballers (kids who i would have no doubt could be pro's...) but they are all at uni studying law and economics as their is probably too much for their families to lose if they can't make a decent living.

If Tilson left and you were chairman, would you give the Southend job to Alexander, Kamara, Rosenior or Crooks?

Alexander - Long Ball
Kamara - Ha ha ha....no.
Rosenior - Dear God, no.
Crooks - No, no, no.
Ince - Quite possibly, but I'd want to see a bit more from him yet.

Personally, I'd go for Stimson who's got a great record at Grays, is a former player and has earnt his stripes in the lower leagues.

I'm fairly sure that my appointment, were I to be chairman of course, of Stimson would be based entirely on his achievements and background and nothing to do with him being as white as freshly fallen snow.

where are these black coaches?? the article says that their arent many behind the scenes at football league clubs, and at the moment the few black coaches we have seen havent cut the mustard... im all for giving them an equal chance, but i don't think that is the fundamental problem... more that there needs to be greater emphasis on increasing our coaching standards, and with the UEFA qualifications i think that finally we can be proud of our grass roots, academy and senior coaches which will help improve our national team and the competitiveness and standards of our leagues

Possibly. Plus plenty of Asians have featured in the English cricket team (Panesar, Mahmood, Ramprakash, Solanki, the list goes on) so it's not as if there aren't any sporting opportunities....

where are these black coaches?? the article says that their arent many behind the scenes at football league clubs, and at the moment the few black coaches we have seen havent cut the mustard... im all for giving them an equal chance, but i don't think that is the fundamental problem... more that there needs to be greater emphasis on increasing our coaching standards, and with the UEFA qualifications i think that finally we can be proud of our grass roots, academy and senior coaches which will help improve our national team and the competitiveness and standards of our leagues

Of course, under Fry we had two black coaches in the odious Edwin Stein and the more charming, but oh so scarily huge David Howells.

Back