• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Morrissey

Surrey Shrimper

Last night, after enjoying the Croatia game and a few well earned beers at my local I returned home kebab in hand and switched on VH2.

They were showing Morrisseys video 'Everyday is like Sunday'. I had inbibed a few too many beers but it really looked liked the video had been shot down the Seafront.

The year was obviously 1988 and I would've been at Southend Tech then but don't remember this. Being a bit of a Smiths/Mozzer fan, I'm definately intrigued by this. Does anyone know anything about it?

Err, the thing is, the song is slagging off a seaside town.If it is Southend,I reckon he don't like it.

BTW the new Streets video has Skinner at Brisbane Road.No wonder the song is so sad

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Shrimper @ June 22 2004,16:09)]Last night, after enjoying the Croatia game and a few well earned beers at my local I returned home kebab in hand and switched on VH2.

They were showing Morrisseys video 'Everyday is like Sunday'. I had inbibed a few too many beers but it really looked liked the video had been shot down the Seafront.

The year was obviously 1988 and I would've been at Southend Tech then but don't remember this. Being a bit of a Smiths/Mozzer fan, I'm definately intrigued by this. Does anyone know anything about it?
It was filmed in Southend, I even bought the video when it came out and then realised how sad it was.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ June 22 2004,21:08)]I even bought the video when it came out and then realised how sad I was.
Couldn't agree more.

tounge.gif

It is Southend. I remember our geography teacher showing it us one lesson for some reason.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 22 2004,18:44)]It looks like Brentford to me ...

Kev
I did not know there was a beach at Brentford!!
Mind you, the pitch has not got much grass on it
smile.gif

Back