• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mortgage advice

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Does anyone know any good mortgage advisors?

I have very little basic knowledge of the ins and outs, but buying property is something I am seriously considering, and am in need of some good advice.

Naturally my repping cannons would be flexed in a positive way

Cheers

Steve.

I have very little basic knowledge of the ins and outs, but buying property is something I am seriously considering, and am in need of some good advice.

Cheers

Steve.

Speak to Dts Mate.

Yep DtS is the resident Mortgage mogul..

Helped me out with a few queries lately.

Top bloke is DtS

you can get an idea of what sort of mortgage deals are out there from internet sites like moneysupermarket.
can't recommend any local advisors to you as I live up north but I would always go for a repayment mortgage ie avoid endowment or interest only payments mortgage.
would also advise getting a fixed rate deal -usually 2, 3 or 5 years - you know what you're going to be paying even if Bank of England change interest rates - though there is usually a penalty charge if you change mortgages before fixed rate period ends
you should also look out for any extras like arrangement fees which you have to pay and can vary a lot. some lenders offer incentives like paying solicitors fees.
hope this helps. for what its worth I got a pretty good deal from Brittania Building Society via Internet about 12 months, may be worth checking their website.

Last edited:
Well Steve,

I am broker which basically means I can use any lender in the UK rather than an advisor who just uses one lender.

if you want some freebie advice just PM me and I will give you the benefit of my pearls of wisdom...

Now get your guns flexed......

DtS

Well Steve,

I am broker which basically means I can use any lender in the UK rather than an advisor who just uses one lender.

if you want some freebie advice just PM me and I will give you the benefit of my pearls of wisdom...

Now get your guns flexed......

DtS

looks like i touched a raw nerve!:hilarious:

Ring an estate agents called Global Property Services in Westcliff and ask to speak to Barry who is an independant mortgage advisor who is a very nice guy.

Cheers

Steve.

I'm selling my flat if you want to buy it :D

Discount rate for ginger war heros as well :cool:

Surely you'd want an indoor rifle range rather than a dartboard lance coporal gladman :D

I'd get a blow dart thingy a la MrB, and lay up at the top of the stairs waiting for someone to come to the front door!

Back