• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I believe Herman is up past the 150 mark for watching Southend if you include friendlies.

My rules are simple. If it a first team fixture in a recognised first team competition, it counts. Friendlies do not. I count non league grounds if I have seen a game in the "proper" rounds of the FA Cup. I count grounds that are no longer grounds, either because the club has been relegated or the ground no longer used. I have been to all current 92 league clubs, but not all current 92 league grounds. Therefore, I do not meet the criteria for the 92 club. That did not stop me having 92 on the back of my shirt when I finally got to Crawley last year.

But. There is an oddity with the 92 club. If a team has been relegated from and then promoted back to the Football League, you have to revisist the ground. So all of us who've been to Grimsby lots of times.... we will have to go back. You get two years to revisit a ground (or a replacement ground).

My rules are simple. If it a first team fixture in a recognised first team competition, it counts. Friendlies do not. I count non league grounds if I have seen a game in the "proper" rounds of the FA Cup. I count grounds that are no longer grounds, either because the club has been relegated or the ground no longer used. I have been to all current 92 league clubs, but not all current 92 league grounds. Therefore, I do not meet the criteria for the 92 club. That did not stop me having 92 on the back of my shirt when I finally got to Crawley last year.

But. There is an oddity with the 92 club. If a team has been relegated from and then promoted back to the Football League, you have to revisist the ground. So all of us who've been to Grimsby lots of times.... we will have to go back. You get two years to revisit a ground (or a replacement ground).
that revisit clause is anti common sense. Unless you happen to support a League 2 club why go out of your way to go to a ground you have already been to and watch a game of which you have no interest in the result just because some nerd decided you must renew your visit. I can imagine the very short reply that would be emitted from anyone that applies to.

11 of the current League clubs I have been to and watched the Shrimpers.

This isn't a gloating competition is it? Otherwise, I think I have lost.

#notbadformy2ndclub

11 of the current League clubs I have been to and watched the Shrimpers.

This isn't a gloating competition is it? Otherwise, I think I have lost.

#notbadformy2ndclub

Not a competition - agreed. And everyone has to start at the beginning -11 is a good total.

Anyway, for those of us who have been up and down the country (and suffered along with some great games) then this thread is heaven sent! :smile:

Last edited:
There is an oddity with the 92 club. If a team has been relegated from and then promoted back to the Football League, you have to revisist the ground. So all of us who've been to Grimsby lots of times.... we will have to go back. You get two years to revisit a ground (or a replacement ground).

I find it hard to imagine anything more ridiculous and would certainly not want to be part of anything so absurd !

Lord Football, can't say I agree with that, I have no desire to go back to Grimsby again, unless there is promotion riding on it again! I guess you can make up whatever rules you like and it comes down to your own personal wish of what constitutes the 92.

Even if we don't go up this season, Villa Park is looking a real possibility next year!

Until I moved to Yorkshire I only ever saw the mighty Shrimpers at home, but have seen them at all the regional grounds:

Saltergate / also now Proact Stadium (lovely ground if you've never been)
Millmoor / Don Valley
Bramall Lane
Hillsborough
Oakwell
Glanford Park
Plainmoor

Really disappointing that three clubs whom in the old days I would benchmark us against being Chesterfield, Rotherham and Scunny have managed to get new grounds whilst we still wait in vain hope for FF!

I have just remembered I've seen us at Plainmoor, Boxing day or certainly over Christmas in about 1999 I reckon, we were visiting the inlaws who live nearby. God we were shocking that day lost 0-2 on boggy crappy pitch. The away end was uncovered and it started raining just to compound the absolute misery of that match and that season! Alvin Martin was sacked quite soon after if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:
Back