• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most annoying thing on a train

What is most annoying on the train

• Total voters

MrB

Life President
Had all three of these this morning and couldn't decide which was more annoying.

I have deliberately not included kids playing music out loud on their phones as fortunately you don't tend to get this in rush hour.

at least phone conversations usually finish before the end of the journey. Loud mp3/ipod's tend to p!ss you off for the whole journey.

People who leave bikes by the door, but blocking the whole door, so you can't get out.

If you insist on leaving your bike there, don't just dump it on the floor. Be considerate towards others.

Also, loud music. Why is it that it's always crap music as well...?

gone for loud music as music is a personal thing and I don't want to listen to other people's **** and it always is **** and coming from a phone it sounds tinny making it even more horrible :guns: :guns:

at least phone conversations usually finish before the end of the journey. Loud mp3/ipod's tend to p!ss you off for the whole journey.

Spot on, all 3 are highly annoying but you are correct the loud mp3/ipod is truely irritating. It gets me very wound up as the people seem oblivious, well how can they becuase we are conversing about it on here and im sure the same thing is happening in offices across the Country. Everyone seems to hate it....

SO WHY THE **** DOES IT HAPPEN!!!! :mad:

really fat people who squeeze into the middle seat of a row of 3 on c2c in rush-hour... i normally have my iPod on and so loud ipods/convos/phonecalls don't really bother me too much

Personally I have gone for phone conversations.

I cant stand when you get some ****er with a stupid ring tone that is on loud that it wakes you up. Then they proceed to have a good old chat about work and imerse themselves in there own self importance.

what i hate are the people who look at me thinking i shouldn't be on the train as i'm obese. may be they think i should stay at home! will never try to squeeze in the middle seat jontosh so you are safe!

but if i'm sitting in a block on my own men won't come and sitting near me they would rather stand! women don't for some reason and come sit near me. not sure what my point is here as i get the girls?!

what i hate are the people who look at me thinking i shouldn't be on the train as i'm obese. may be they think i should stay at home! will never try to squeeze in the middle seat jontosh so you are safe!

but if i'm sitting in a block on my own men won't come and sitting near me they would rather stand! women don't for some reason and come sit near me. not sure what my point is here as i get the girls?!

yeah don't get me wrong mate i have nothing against large people... it's the people who often get on at limehouse and try to squeeze onto the last remaining seat on the train when they really can't fit and know full well they are going to make the other 5 peoples journey home really uncomfortable. normally im pretty content on a train with a book and my ipod and so not much bothers me... but i hate being crushed by some large sweaty woman on the journey home

yeah don't get me wrong mate i have nothing against large people... it's the people who often get on at limehouse and try to squeeze onto the last remaining seat on the train when they really can't fit and know full well they are going to make the other 5 peoples journey home really uncomfortable. normally im pretty content on a train with a book and my ipod and so not much bothers me... but i hate being crushed by some large sweaty woman on the journey home

i have problems with these people too.maybe it's because they are not capable of standing for 45 mins on a train. but i will not try to make other people uncomfortable on a train that is already a pain to begin within!!

we had such a lady in the carriage on the way home on wednesday. fun.

I've gone for mobile phone conversations, as that really p*sses me off... although by far the most offensive thing I've experienced on a train (well, on a tube, in fact) was having to stand near someone who clearly hadn't seen a bar of soap in a fortnight.

The frequent wafts of stale bum-crack smell took me to the brink of vomiting. The memory of the filthy b'stard makes me want to retch even now...

:guns:

It's got to be loud music as 2) can be unavoidable, if some idiot chooses to phone them while they're on the train and 3) teenage girls' vacuous conversations are often offset by fabulous tits. Anyway, I listen (quietly!) to music on my way in, so it's when people's music is so loud I can hear it over mine...that is incredinbly anti-social. Plus their terrible R'n'B always ruins my infinitely superior musical choice. :fury:

A very tough one. I have just plumped for the mobile conversation though as they are invariably inane beyond all belief.

Had a whole carriage all to myself on the Piccadilly Line this morning. Bliss :D

Personally I have gone for phone conversations.

I cant stand when you get some ****er with a stupid ring tone that is on loud that it wakes you up. Then they proceed to have a good old chat about work and imerse themselves in there own self importance.
Yup, phone conversations too. However, add to this that the good old chat about work/tonight/whatever lasts for 20 minutes and then as the train pulls in they go "Ok, I'll see you in the office in 5 minutes and we'll talk about it then."

Couldn't you have just waited and spoke about it in the office rather than interrupted mine and everyone elses lives for the past 20 minutes?!?! :thump:

Music.. as mentioned its a totally selfish act .. there is no need for it to be audible to others nearby.. and you know your stuck with it for the duration..

Yup, phone conversations too. However, add to this that the good old chat about work/tonight/whatever lasts for 20 minutes and then as the train pulls in they go "Ok, I'll see you in the office in 5 minutes and we'll talk about it then."

Couldn't you have just waited and spoke about it in the office rather than interrupted mine and everyone elses lives for the past 20 minutes?!?! :thump:

Or the one where the train stops for a nano second - and one person makes the call to say "there is a problem with the train" which then starts a chain reaction of other people thinking "oh, perhaps i should phone up too" and then half way throught he call its "oh, hang on, the train is moving again". W@nkers

That just beats the people who insist on getting up and standing by the door just as the train has left the station BEFORE the one they want to get off at - just incase that when they get to the stop a 1000 people will appear out of nowhere and stop them getting off the train.

there's a few.. i've been on several late-night trains where people have vomited down the middle of the carriage, which is always a giggle. given the choice though, i might go for brainless conversations between teenage girls and their equally brainless parents. 'thank god they'll be getting off at Basildon' is often the only thought that sustains me..

Back