• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa - is he good enough?

discord

Youth Team
Moose aint ready? I keep seeing on this board

WTF??????????:stunned:

Do you have to put the lad in an oven and bake him at the right temp or summit like that??????

This has got to be the most ridiculous assement of one of our most promising players....... like the Alan Hansen "You can't win the league with kids!"

Just how can anyone determine when a player is ready without playing regular first team football and for all those people who thought he was out of his league v Chelt did you not see him rip Watford apart in our 2-0 league cup win with his passing last year?

IMHO If he's good enough he should play and from what I've seen he's good enough and i'd rather him learn his game playing for us than on loan at some backwater conference team and go the way of Kightly etc.

Sorry just had to get this off me chest!

Moose aint ready? I keep seeing on this board

WTF??????????:stunned:

Do you have to put the lad in an oven and bake him at the right temp or summit like that??????

This has got to be the most ridiculous assement of one of our most promising players....... like the Alan Hansen "You can't win the league with kids!"

Just how can anyone determine when a player is ready without playing regular first team football and for all those people who thought he was out of his league v Chelt did you not see him rip Watford apart in our 2-0 league cup win with his passing last year?

IMHO If he's good enough he should play and from what I've seen he's good enough and i'd rather him learn his game playing for us than on loan at some backwater conference team and go the way of Kightly etc.

Sorry just had to get this off me chest!

:D "Put the lad in the oven and bake him"

:clap: Well said though.

hes good enough at the moment but with a few new players then i would say no

For someone like me who's as rose-tinted as they come, while I really REALLY want him to come good, I just do not believe he is yet capable of bossing the midfield the way that we need him to. It's not about whether you can win the league with kids or not, it's about whether the kids are actually good enough. As I don't think he's good enough yet, I also don't believe we can afford to let him learn his trade in the first team because he isn't ready yet.

Whether he can offer us something alongside McCormack I'm yet to see but my current biggest concern about the season unfolding right now is how long we're going to have to play Moussa and Grant in the middle in the absence of Bailey and McCormack (and to some degree Kev Maher). For me, we need a new signing in the middle of the park quickly to replace Bailey. McCormack can't come back quick enough as far as I'm concerned.

Again though, just to make the point, the man has my total support when he's on the field and nothing would please me more than for the Moose to prove me wrong.

for his age he is outrageously talented... was our best player at in the playoff semi at Donny. he needs games at this level but i believe he has the technical ability and character to go a long way in the game, he has a big chance now and i think it's just the right time for him

He's good enough, and with experience and confidence he can only get better.

As a relatively new player to the first team I feel that he's playing within himself at times for fear of criticism if he gets something wrong. The Moose has so much talent that he really needs someone to put an arm round him and urge him to play with the shackles off. His passing and technique are exactly what we need with Gower gone, but he needs to be given the freedom to use them.

The sad thing is that the same chavscum amoebae with the knives poised for Mildenhall will probably relish any opportunity to get on the Moose's back too.

I can't decide if he is still too immature or if he just isn't the sort of player I was expecting.

I hoped he would be able to produce some good incisive forward passes but he relies too much on passing back to defence or sideways. More the Kevin Maher style than the McCormack/Bailey approach.

At the moment we have to play him and if he is ready he should take this chance to make himself a key player.

I want him to impress me but he hasn't made his mark yet imo.

I dont think hes strong enough yet. After watching the cheltenham game there was clearly a lack of command in central midfield. I think we are going to struggle against some stronger teams, and will be walked over by some clubs.

I think he has some great play at times, but i cant see him holding firm for the whole season without the likes of macca, or would have been bailey!
In my opinion we need a new central midfield player asap! or we are really going to struggle without macca, and when he does come back its still going to take him a little while to regain his fitness.

I don't really know how people can slate him off!?

He's had what 2 games this season!? It's the first time he's come into a season as a First Team player! Tilly know's what he's doing, if he feels this guy is ready he is! Give the guy time!

Very good when on the ball not good enough when he hasn't got it.

I think you have nailed it on the head there!

Positioning at this level is defiently something he will learn very quickly though, but only if barrett and clarke keep on his back, No point being nice to him on the pitch if he is always out of position or not marking anyone. They are both experienced enough to see when he is not doing his defensive duties. Its all about other players letting him know that side of stuff, there is no questioning his ability on the ball though, although is shotting was quite funny on tuesday HAH!!!

In a word 'No' but will he be? I should think so, can we carry players with the team we have at the mo ? probably no,

Its a tricky call, bu the only opption after the chairman forced KM hand and pushed him aside for this young untried pro

Were not slating the player. I think he is a good player, just at the moment i think hes quite poor, i know he will improve as every player would with first team experience, just i think it will take him too long to get to the standards that i think we need this season. Most teams are going to have stronger midfields than Cheltenham did this week, and our midfield was awol!

Alos we dont really know if this is tilly choice... what other options do we have at the moment.

I don't really know how people can slate him off!?

He's had what 2 games this season!? It's the first time he's come into a season as a First Team player! Tilly know's what he's doing, if he feels this guy is ready he is! Give the guy time!

I'm not sure anyone's actually "slating him off". Seems to me that most people have high hopes for him and want nothing more than for him to succeed with us.

The question is simply whether people think he's ready NOW!

In a word 'No' but will he be? I should think so, can we carry players with the team we have at the mo ? probably no,

Its a tricky call, bu the only opption after the chairman forced KM hand and pushed him aside for this young untried pro

Agree with this. He isn't ready to be our "main" central midfielder at the moment and with McCormack and Bailey ahead of him pre-season he was not yet intended to be. However, unforeseen circumstances lead to chances for others (God knows Moussa's been waiting for long enough).

But as with Scannell, it's going to take a number of games to gain the necessary fitness, strength and experience to impose themselves. I think they've both shown enough ability and patience to earn this chance - I just hope our supporters give it to them.

Trouble is, with all this "pressure", I really don't want Macca trying to come back too soon and then making it worse. Don't forget this has already been a re-occurence of an old injury from what was said.

not ready to be our main man in midfield. Will hopefully improve with games though. Needs someone with experience along side him

Back