• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa - is he good enough?

Very good when on the ball not good enough when he hasn't got it.

Sums him up for me

CM is the pivital position in a team and games often are won and lost in the midfield , you need to win the right to get the ball down and play in this league, he doesn't seem that type of player but you do need to be nasty to be a CM so if he can add that to his game then then he'll be a great player .

Also needs the belief that he can take players on and play that killer ball.

Personally I don't think his ready for the first team. He has some good attributes and they outway his bad ones, but a crucial part of players developement is first team football which usually comes from a loan spell at a lesser Club i.e. David Beckham went to Preston and Jermaine Defoe went to Bournemouth.

In an ideal world I'd like us to bring in two extra central midfielders, say Frecklington and Sinclair, then I'd like Moussa sent out on loan to Southend Reserves, Daggers or someone like Bournemouth which will allow him to get regular first team football to help him kick on another level.

Grant is a much better player than Moussa, and when Macca comes back I'd like to see him and Grant in there. Both Grant and Macca can grab games by the stuff of the neck and provide the driving force in the middle of the park. Moussa hasn't shown that this season, or last season when he has played.

Maybe a run of games could see him produce for us, and the Macca injury and the sale of Bailey could provide him with that.

I've got my fingers crossed for him, I think he can do very well at Southend as he has international caps etc, and like I say has some good attributes about his game.

Well i feel that Moussa is good enough and more than ready, but i would rather see him in a more advanced role i.e attacking centre midfielder.

For me he is possibly the best passer at the club and could in time take over the creative influence that is missing since Gower left.

Do you have to put the lad in an oven and bake him at the right temp or summit like that??????

Think you might be getting your desserts a bit muddled up there fella. It's a souffle that should be baked, a mousse needs to be chilled...

Ironically I think this is probably what young Franck needs too a bit - to chill out and believe in himself a bit more. he's looked at his most dangerous when the self confidence is flowing. The lad shows great signs of having the creative midfield spark that we need, but showings like Tuesday night where he looked nervy and lacking in confidence show that there's still a way to go yet...

Ironically I think this is probably what young Franck needs too a bit - to chill out and believe in himself a bit more. he's looked at his most dangerous when the self confidence is flowing. The lad shows great signs of having the creative midfield spark that we need, but showings like Tuesday night where he looked nervy and lacking in confidence show that there's still a way to go yet...

Spot on I'd say. It's telling that Moose has given his best performances in a southend shirt in relatively low-pressure games (Watford in the CC, and a couple of games late in our Championship relegation season). Less was riding on the outcome, and it also helped that we were facing opposition who liked to spray the ball around. In some of the more direct encounters and 'big' games, he can look a bit lost.

The plus side is that these things can be improved upon. The minus side is that they can only be improved upon with experience.

Agree with this. He isn't ready to be our "main" central midfielder at the moment and with McCormack and Bailey ahead of him pre-season he was not yet intended to be. However, unforeseen circumstances lead to chances for others (God knows Moussa's been waiting for long enough).

But as with Scannell, it's going to take a number of games to gain the necessary fitness, strength and experience to impose themselves. I think they've both shown enough ability and patience to earn this chance - I just hope our supporters give it to them.

hhhm I was thinking at 19 more like a number of seasons!!!!!! haa

well time will see, lets hope he proves me wrong, it will be nice to panic sell him with 2 years left on his contract

hhhm I was thinking at 19 more like a number of seasons!!!!!! haa

well time will see, lets hope he proves me wrong, it will be nice to panic sell him with 2 years left on his contract

The point you raise is an interesting one though. Can a club of our size, in this league and with limited resources (but one with ambition for quick success) afford to groom and develop talented youngsters into first team footballers?

It seems like the club are spending time and money on the youth set up so they would believe yes. But what happened with Kightly and has been happening with Moussa would suggest no... In order to have success on the pitch and then off it with a transfer income, history seems to suggest buying in players who have an instant impact is the way forward: Collymore, Eastwood and now Bailey...

The point you raise is an interesting one though. Can a club of our size, in this league and with limited resources (but one with ambition for quick success) afford to groom and develop talented youngsters into first team footballers?

It seems like the club are spending time and money on the youth set up so they would believe yes. But what happened with Kightly and has been happening with Moussa would suggest no... In order to have success on the pitch and then off it with a transfer income, history seems to suggest buying in players who have an instant impact is the way forward: Collymore, Eastwood and now Bailey...

I think in the past we haven't taken enough time to bring young players in to the team. Moussa has the technique and awareness of players that you can't teach at this stage but he needs games to improve.

If McCormack was playing I would have Moussa in straight away because McCormack will help him develop and has the experience (not exactly long in the tooth himself, mind!) to cover up shortcomings in the mean time. More significant than I realised at the time, his injury.

With Grant as his midifeld partner, hmm, not sure. Defending hasn't been a problem for us this season and any move to get Moussa out would pretty much have to be a defensive one. Very tight call but I think I would keep him in. Promotion won't be won or lost in the next 5 games as we saw from loast seasons recovery.

As long as he's made aware of the opportunity this presents, this could be when he steps up. I think with the amount of money we have put in to youth development, we need to make sure we give them enough responsibility in the team or it will never work.

I don't really know how people can slate him off!?

He's had what 2 games this season!? It's the first time he's come into a season as a First Team player! Tilly know's what he's doing, if he feels this guy is ready he is! Give the guy time!

Tilly don't have a choice. Mousse is the only midfielder avaialble for selection. Does nothing for me personally, but then neither did Kightly. Shows what I know.

Decent enough player and will be a real asset but no where near the finhsed article yet. He will get a lot of games by default that we have no-one else but personally I think a spell at a Barnet type club would do him good for a season.

Back