• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bay Shrimper

Hi all,This is my first ever posting so if its in the wrong section or sommat else is wrong please forgive me.
My History.
I was born in 1960 and spent my first 14 years in Leigh on Sea,my place of birth.I then progressed?? to Belfairs High School where I did 2 years before leaving to live in the frozen North West. I now live in Morecambe,hence Bay Shrimper. I have followed Southend United all my life but due to financial and geographical constrictions cant get to many games. I shall however be at Edgeley Park on Saturday with my 9 year old Son who I have Brainwashed into being a Shrimper fan.
I was recently at the Globe enjoying the atmosphere,but not the result,against the Shrimps. On the day we seemed to be jaded and lacked flair. It was only when Sawyer came on that he created space and we looked better. Our defencive work was shocking as we conceded both goals from set pieces and even with everyone back couldnt stop Morecambe scoring. I havent seen some of our latest squad yet and in particular am looking forward to seeing Ferdinand and Mohsni play sometime,hopefully before they have to be sold.
Can anyone give me any hope for our future as it all seems to be doom and gloom? Also if anyone is 50 and went to Belfairs at the same time as me I would be interested to hear from you.
Yours in Sport
Russ

Hi all,This is my first ever posting so if its in the wrong section or sommat else is wrong please forgive me.
My History.
I was born in 1960 and spent my first 14 years in Leigh on Sea,my place of birth.I then progressed?? to Belfairs High School where I did 2 years before leaving to live in the frozen North West. I now live in Morecambe,hence Bay Shrimper. I have followed Southend United all my life but due to financial and geographical constrictions cant get to many games. I shall however be at Edgeley Park on Saturday with my 9 year old Son who I have Brainwashed into being a Shrimper fan.
I was recently at the Globe enjoying the atmosphere,but not the result,against the Shrimps. On the day we seemed to be jaded and lacked flair. It was only when Sawyer came on that he created space and we looked better. Our defencive work was shocking as we conceded both goals from set pieces and even with everyone back couldnt stop Morecambe scoring. I havent seen some of our latest squad yet and in particular am looking forward to seeing Ferdinand and Mohsni play sometime,hopefully before they have to be sold.
Can anyone give me any hope for our future as it all seems to be doom and gloom? Also if anyone is 50 and went to Belfairs at the same time as me I would be interested to hear from you.
Yours in Sport
Russ

If there is hope, it lies with the polls.

Welcome to the 'Zone, Russ - I am of your 1960 vintage but didn't go to Belfairs. I knew a Russell Ward at Earls Hall though - a good inside-forward - too much of a coincidence to be you? Your analysis of the Morecambe game will please another Earls Hall Old Boy (Chemico FC) who loves Lee Sawyer even more than I do. Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow - Edgeley Park is one of my favourite grounds following our promotion up there in '87. If your voice is as loud as your font, then we'll have some good support tomorrow. :thumbsup:

My History.
Yours in Sport
Russ

....blimey, you are older than Old Blue Lady!

Welcome on board Russ - quite a distinctive font you've used there. Interesting to hear that you've managed to sway your boy towards being a Southend fan. Was that a tough sell? Conscious that my children are likely to grow up well away from Southend and am not sure - when the time comes - how easy it will be to get them to follow their old man's team!

My History.
Yours in Sport
Russ

Welcome Russ but you should have gone to Specsavers mate............:hilarious:

By the way you are a youngster I was born in 1953!

Last edited:
Welcome Russ.........you may not get to too many games but you probably see more than me. Talking about seeing.................don't get p*****d off with the comments about your typeface...........I've got nothing against a bit of Sans-serif extra bold condensed............I don't even have to use my magnifying glass to read your post. I also had the misfortune of passing by Belfairs................if your dad was there, perhaps I knew him!
Make sure you've both got your boots tomorrow. Can't rule out the possibility that either you or your son could get a game.

Back