• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

if it makes you feel any better, the game where we got promoted at Swansea, the guy sitting next to me had two young daughters with him and missed both our goals and history being made when taking his kids to the loo

if it makes you feel any better, the game where we got promted at Swansea, the guy sitting next to me had two young daughters with him and missed both our goals and history being made when taking his kids to the loo

Serves him right. Should have left them at home playing with their dolls, or being taught how to make cakes in the kitchen!.

Well lets look at the bright side all those mugs paying the over inflated prices for that muck they pass off as Burgers are boosting the clubs finances. For all we know the money they make from the catering might be keeping us from administration

Although it can be annoying getting up and down like a yo yo when the kids are concerned what do people expect. Southend is a family friendly club and I dont care to be honest how many kids are there. The offers on their season tickets and matchday fixtures only boost the clubs attendances.
Bring back the times when it was kid a quid and see how many more we can get through the turnstile.

Although it can be annoying getting up and down like a yo yo when the kids are concerned what do people expect. Southend is a family friendly club and I dont care to be honest how many kids are there. The offers on their season tickets and matchday fixtures only boost the clubs attendances.
Bring back the times when it was kid a quid and see how many more we can get through the turnstile.
Yes, but put them in the FAMILY STAND!!! :angry:

My 11 y/o daughter comes with me & she is better behaved than most adults.

On Monday against Crawley we were in the West, arrived at 7:25 & there was a couple already in the seats next to us. Two minutes after kick off she says to hubby, 'going to get a cuppa' & then asks us to let her by. Then as forth official puts up the board for added time at the end of the first, she's off again. Halfway through second half she wants past again, presumably to let all the tea out & then again as the board goes up there off to beat the crowds.

Yet on Saturday there was a guy next to me with his son about 5 y/o & he was as good as gold. perhaps some adults should check their behavior first..:winking:

Agreed re the food and drink. In the East stand there are regular bunch that stay supping in the bar for up to 10 mins after 2nd half ko and then disturb every one getting back to their seats duly red faced a d that's not due to embarrassment at being late taking seats.

However I do have empathy for peop who might arrive late for a night game. I work in the west end and
My arrival is determined by the trains running to time. There is a chap who sits in east stand at the start of a row
and moans like hell when I ask to get past. I keep telling him that some of us have to work for a living or don't live cushy nearby. It doesnt go down well with him but now us the chanc to move your seat at ticket renewal time

Is that the guy with the walking stick/gammy leg?

agreed. i hate people who arrive late. its the same time every saturday. how do they not know this!!! :angry:

I had that same conversation with a friend once when I had a go at him for turning up 5 minutes late every week. His argument was (amazingly) that is was SUFCs fault because there weren't enough turnstiles in the West Stand. (This was back in the early 90's when we were in what is now The Championship, but after the seats were put in). He said he turned up about 2.55 every week so was on time, but the queues meant he didn't get in until after kick off. I pointed out that if if is the same every week then maybe he should turn up earlier. He said he shouldn't have to because a) when we were in the old fourth division he didn't have to, and b) SUFC should build more turnstiles!

I was genuinely amazed by his argument...

Problem nowadays is that not everybody goes to the games just to watch the match.

Good luck to anybody who chances the refreshments at Roots Hall. They still frown on those that bring their own as well as stopping those with chips and making them eat outside the ground. Probably because they are so embarrassed that proper food is being consumed on the premises rather than the "product" being served at their own kiosks!!

Back