• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

******* my thumb...

palexander

Life President
After throwing a complete hissy-fit at the full-time whistle, crawling into a ball, dribbling and screaming "WHY!? WHY!?" I realised it was probably a touch childish and wish to apologise to my wife, cats and tropical fish (and my neighbours).

Anyway, lets talk about old cartoons...

Ulyseyes
City Of Gold
Battle of the Planets
Jase and the Wheeled Warriors
M.A.S.K
Pole Position

Ahhh, all better now...
smile.gif

I had the toys of Battle of the Planets. About 6 spaceships that clicked together to make one big mutha. The front ship (the point) had a rubber nose...

Ahhhh... cant go back
smile.gif

Yea, had those too! They were great action figures because they had proper joints - elbows and knees, made them my action figure of choice above the star wars figures who were in late stages of rigor!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 15 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 15 2004,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 15 2004,12:07)]M.A.S.K
Now, you're talking, anyone else have the figures with the little plastic masks?
no, must've had a job by then!
Errrr maybe - it would have been late 80's i spose, I was 9/10 ish I think.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 15 2004,12:15)]Yea, had those too! They were great action figures because they had proper joints - elbows and knees, made them my action figure of choice above the star wars figures who were in late stages of rigor!
I never really got into Star Wars figures, had loads of He-man, a few GI joes

Oh and some Thundercats, Snarf.....

I had absolute shed-loads of Star Wars figures, vehicles, monsters etc.I even used to keep the packaging as, if you collected a certain amount of tokens from them, you could send off for Exclusive figures not available in the shops.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Jan. 15 2004,12:15)]the star wars figures who were in late stages of rigor!
My old dear threw out my star wars collection several years ago...

My favourite back then was Yoda, then Bob Fortuna. Not forgetting the Millennium Falcon and Vader carry case.

Was never really into figurines - don't know why. Had an Eagle-eyes Action Man, which was cool - and a jeep, motorbike & sidecar and Harrier jump-jet to go with it!

More into Dinky-toys / Die-cast cars; and then got a Tamiya Radio Controlled Car aged c. 10-11 (in about 1984/5) and never looked back.

Also a massive fan of my Avagojo - did anyone else have one of those?

biggrin.gif

This is definitely cheering me up!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 15 2004,12:21)]oh, maybe not working then.May have discovered girls and / or drinking....
Fair enough - I'd rather have discovered drinking and girls than been playing with MASK figures
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 15 2004,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 15 2004,12:36)]and then got a Tamiya Radio Controlled Car aged c. 10-11 (in about 1984/5) and never looked back.
Matt, Grasshopper or Hornet?
Neither... I had a Subaru Brat (appropriate, really!):

tamiyasubarubrat.jpg

Secretly fancied a "Wild Willy" (ooer, missus) - the jeep with the huge bumpers and that was, in effect, self-righting if you rolled it. But my Subaru was cool, silver with two-tone blue stripes. My Dad & I made it together, and we got an extra big battery for it. And boy, did it shift!!

If you want to get nostalgic about Tamiya, check out this page:

Darryn's Retro RC - Tamiya Nibs

cool.gif

Matt

Back