• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was racking my tiny brain over breakfast (sad b*stard I know) and trying to think of a terrible sponsor to have on a team shirt or shrimpers worst shirt sponsor logo. I think Chubba chub would be poor. I'd hate to have the soft drinks manufacturer - Panda pops (crappy over priced fizzy pop RRP - £0.20, Actual price - £1.00 at football grounds). Shrimpers worst may have been the Telewest logo?

Any thoughts?

Budget car rental wouldn't be exactly good on a football kit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Eternal Optimist @ Aug. 20 2004,09:48)]I was racking my tiny brain over breakfast (sad b*stard I know) and trying to think of a terrible sponsor to have on a team shirt or shrimpers worst shirt sponsor logo. I think Chubba chub would be poor. I'd hate to have the soft drinks manufacturer - Panda pops (crappy over priced fizzy pop RRP - £0.20, Actual price - £1.00 at football grounds). Shrimpers worst may have been the Telewest logo?

Any thoughts?
No, Crevette clothing were our worst sponsors by a mile.

I seem to remember someone like St. Mirren being sponsored by Andy's Ladders.

Some other poor b*stards in Scotland were sponsored by Wet Wet Wet!

I would like to see Southend sponsored by one of the following quality marques:

Audi
Carlsberg Special Brew
Ye olde oak
Cambells meatballs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 20 2004,09:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Eternal Optimist @ Aug. 20 2004,09:48)]I was racking my tiny brain over breakfast (sad b*stard I know) and trying to think of a terrible sponsor to have on a team shirt or shrimpers worst shirt sponsor logo. I think Chubba chub would be poor. I'd hate to have the soft drinks manufacturer - Panda pops (crappy over priced fizzy pop RRP - £0.20, Actual price - £1.00 at football grounds). Shrimpers worst may have been the Telewest logo?

Any thoughts?

Audi
Carlsberg Special Brew
Ye olde oak
Cambells meatballs
C2C
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 20 2004,09:55)]
[b said:

Any thoughts?

Audi
Carlsberg Special Brew
Ye olde oak
Cambells meatballs
MC I think the meatballs sponsor would do nicely, bring it on!

Come to think of it, I think Wet Spam have had some good kit sponsors - PONY

I think PONY reflects the football you see at Upton Park.

biggrin.gif

Sharp's Reliable Wrecks

(Inverness Car Hire - maybe better for Caley Thistle or Ross County)

Gotta be WANG - mid 1980's Oxford I think. Quite appropriate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 20 2004,09:55)]Some other poor b*stards in Scotland were sponsored by Wet Wet Wet!
That was the now-extinct Clydebank FC, in the early 90's.

I actually own their hideous purple away from that time, a bargin £5 from E-bay. Made by Matchwinner, who seemed to make kits for every single Scottish side that wasn't the Old Firm in those days...

There's a number of South American club teams sponsered by a company called Bimbo, but I always liked York City's sponsor, Portakabin. Literally toilet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Aug. 20 2004,15:31)]Betterview windows, that's pony if you ask me.
Yeah its not like you are gonna get a better view out of your windows just coz you have their brand fitted!

Back