• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Naming the Stadium

Well first off we all know the club will be looking for a sponsorship deal, i can't imagine the stadium's new name would be sold for a £1.000.000 over a certain period.

But the broomfield stadium is a great idea, This is something the club should get behind as well if money is not the object (doubt that though) Pehaps martin dawn would stump up the cash and call the ground.

THE BROOMFIELD STADIUM
sponsored by MARTIN DAWN PLC.

we can all hope.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

Well first off we all know the club will be looking for a sponsorship deal, i can't imagine the stadium's new name would be sold for less than a £1.000.000 over a certain period.

But the broomfield stadium is a great idea, This is something the club should get behind as well if money is not the object (doubt that though) Pehaps martin dawn would stump up the cash and call the ground.

THE BROOMFIELD STADIUM
sponsored by MARTIN DAWN PLC.

we can all hope.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

What our the fans feelings about a company buying the name, very much like Arsenal?

In one aspect, I can see it as selling out but can beggers really be chosers? On this one, it depends a lot on who the company would be, for example, lets say Nike wanted to do it, it could be called The Nike Arena or something along those lines but on the other hand it could be a company like Pound Stretcher.

On the flip side of the coin, how about after one of our all time greats? Maybe a vote on the official site with a list of 7 or 8 names after reading supporters opinions. The top fella would have the stadium named after him, and the four runners up could have stands named after them?

The Reebok stadium was an original approach and kind of had a nice ring to it. The Fitness First stadium? Oh dear.

It would be good having the backing but it does seem to be devaluing the name of the club by selling out like this. Problem at our level is that we probably need the backing to the point where we have no choice.

I'd sell the stadium name to the highest bidder, on a season to season basis, to raise capital for the club.

I'd then name the stands and parts of the ground after SUFC legends.

The Leon Consantine East Stand.

The Mark Rawle Changing rooms etc etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 10 2004,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Nov. 10 2004,12:11)]The Napster Name Dropping Stand
I just spoke to Tony Bentley and he loves it
laugh.gif

The small stand - Fossets Minor
Big stand Farrah Fossets Major
Stadium of Plight

Seriously - Oliver Trigg Stadium

Trigfield Olliebroom

Nurse ... the medication!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ Nov. 14 2004,23:26)]How about naming the stadium "Fossetts Farm"?
... to the sounds of Mooooo & Baaaaa?

I don't think that'll go down too well, but then I guess you are only joshing anyway!  
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Broomfield Stadium is probably the best one mentioned so far, other good ones, New Roots Hall or Fossetts Stadium?
I hope we don't get a sponsored ground, i know it brings in money but it sells out the traditions of a club, i mean arsenal and the 'Emirates Stadium'? that sickens me.

Back