• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League 2020/21 - who goes up, are we bothered?

As for me ,i agree with the appeal ,i theres no relegation from the NL why should there be relegation to the NL ,Its a farce , but i know the EFL wont agree with my sentimenmts

It would be helpful if one of the "big" teams was promoted, like Notts County or Wrexham.

As for me ,i agree with the appeal ,i theres no relegation from the NL why should there be relegation to the NL ,Its a farce , but i know the EFL wont agree with my sentimenmts

There has never been relegation from the bottom of the pyramid. This season due to all the "nulling and voiding" and curtailment, the bottom of the pyramid has effectively been brought up and becomes the National League.

To be honest, I rather Stockport, Torquay or Hartlepool to go up, get rid of long distance travels ?

The dates for the play offs extends their season quite a bit. The rounds are as follows:

5 and 6 June - elimination round
12 and 13 June - play off semi-finals
20 June - Promotion Final

Quite a disadvantage for the losing teams, much shorter break before pre-season

Not strictly relevant but interesting in terms of a system which decides promotion and relegation. My French side, Toulouse (tfc), annoyingly missed out on automatic promotion back into League One of french football. They now face an interesting passage in order to go up through the play-offs. As they finished third (the first two are automatically promoted), they wait until Tuesday night to see who will win in a game involving fourth and fifth places. They will meet the victors in Toulouse on Friday night. The winners of that game will then have a two-legged tie against the League One team who finished just above the two automatically relegated sides, to see whether the remain where they are or get promoted. Is there a similar system in Scottish football?

The more southern based clubs left would be better for the blue army to go to.Dont fancy a trip to Hartlepool

A Stockport win will put Sutton within 4 wins from going up.

There's only 42 games this season.

If Torquay lose then Sutton will be promoted if they beat Hartlepool next week.

A draw and Torquay would have to drop points vs Barnet to have Sutton promoted with a win next week

If Sutton go up, they'll have to rip up their 3G pitch, which is also one of their main income sources due to being able to hire it out all year round.

Are there many other clubs in the National League with artificial turf?

If Sutton go up, they'll have to rip up their 3G pitch, which is also one of their main income sources due to being able to hire it out all year round.

I heard that they would be playing home games at the new Wimbledon stadium if promoted.

Only Sutton and Bromley, I think.

Harrogate had to do that this year too

I'm surprised the football league are still so opposed to those pitches, excellent source of income for some clubs and less postponements in the winter months, surely a godsend in L1/L2 where pitches are not exactly up to the level of Emirates or Wembley in December.

The technology has advanced massively from when QPR and Luton had them in the 80s.

Back