• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News National League Play Off Finals

It's been said already on here, but the League next season definitely should allow the top two teams to be promoted automatically. Better still, make the NL FL3.
This was suggested a few years ago as part of a pyramid restructure but everyone lost their minds.

The only good thing about the play-offs are the journeys next season - if there is one!
Both southern trips albeit to, let's be generous, humble grounds.
St Albans would also be a lot closer than Oxford, although their ground is a bit more central than United's.
Bromley and Boreham were limited. So, at least one 'big' side will be out of hair as we fight to avoid relegation.

4 southern teams stay Barnet, Woking, Borehamwood and Bromley and 1 northern team will depart. Happy days.

The only good thing about the play-offs are the journeys next season - if there is one!
Both southern trips albeit to, let's be generous, humble grounds.
St Albans would also be a lot closer than Oxford, although their ground is a bit more central than United's.
Bromley and Boreham were limited. So, at least one 'big' side will be out of hair as we fight to avoid relegation.
St Albans ground is much better than Oxford City’s (who’s pitch has a slope from side to side). Both stadia are easy enough to get to.

I take it everyone has forgotten about the Notts County fans chanting “going bust in the morning” to us when we played at their place.

I couldn't give a flying **** about Notts County. I actually think they have pretty **** fans on the whole. Never sing, don't travel away. However, I am delighted they won because I want them out of the way, in case by some miracle we survive the summer, get new buyers and launch a major charge on the title next year (nurse!!)

Pure self-interest. And a bit of hate for the way Boreham Wood 'play'.

Notts County and Wrexham were a class apart this season. For them not to go up after amassing more than 100 points would be mental, but at the same time I wouldn't be too upset if Chesterfield make it back, both are experienced Football League teams.

There is talk of doing 3 up/3 down from L2 to the Vanarama. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20855089/national-league-third-promotion-place-efl/

Looking back over the past 10 seasons, I don't think any of these teams promoted have come straight back down to the NL after 1 season. Look at the class of 13/14 - Luton are in the playoff mix in the Championship, and Cambridge have established themselves in League One (albeit just escaped relegation to L2 this year)

1683509400843.png

That graphic also shows just how many decent clubs have suffered relegation from the football league and found their way back. We're almost at the stage where most of the lower 2 divisions have been 'non-league' at some point.

St Albans ground is much better than Oxford City’s (who’s pitch has a slope from side to side). Both stadia are easy enough to get to.
Really? I'm surprised they laid their new 3G pitch on a slope.

What an incredible game for notts fans. Those are the days you dream of as a fan. 2 down and winning 3-2 in the last minute!

They deserve to go up, streets above the rest. (And i want them out of the same league as us)

Yes, Notts County seriously embarrassed us at their place. It was like playing Brazil.

Back