• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League...things to know

With a lot of games in the southeast, we should take decent followings so...are they set up for that? Are ticket allocations generally limited or is it quite common to get a “too many fans turn up” fiasco a la Aldershot..?

To all those complaining, you're all right. Next season is going to be ****, but tne quicker we (but more importantly, the players) get our heads round it the better.

If we go into next season with the attitude that we're too good for this league then we're in for a rude awakening, and if that goes on too long then the season will be over before we've even got going. More to the point, we got relegated because we weren't good enough which means (at least for the time being) we've found our level.

PBs attitude that the club only has itself to blame is spot on, and the quicker that is instilled the better.

I am a Doncaster Rovers supporter, I know what it is to fall out of the EFL, and play Conference football. The first year for Donny was very tough, you are the team everyone else wants to beat as you are the ex-EFL team, big fish, something yourselves and Grimsby will have to face. It took Rovers 5 years to make it back to the EFL. We had a chairman who had a vision for the club that all the fans bought and saw us through the dark days of non-league football. The vision: return to the EFL, new stadium, win a major trophy and play in the championship. All were achieved!

With a lot of games in the southeast, we should take decent followings so...are they set up for that? Are ticket allocations generally limited or is it quite common to get a “too many fans turn up” fiasco a la Aldershot..?
I'd imagine a lot of your away games will be all ticket

I am a Doncaster Rovers supporter, I know what it is to fall out of the EFL, and play Conference football. The first year for Donny was very tough, you are the team everyone else wants to beat as you are the ex-EFL team, big fish, something yourselves and Grimsby will have to face. It took Rovers 5 years to make it back to the EFL.
I'd echo that from a Leyton Orient perspective. We were incredibly fortunate to get back in 2 seasons, due to three things: a load of investment from our (then) new owners, several millions over the 2 seasons to fund it as an EFL club; shrewd initial recruitment from Martin Ling as Director of Football, with barely 6 weeks to do so as the takeover took so long to complete; and the late, great Justin Edinburgh who took a squad under-performing and feeling sorry for itself, and turned it around into title winners in 18 months.

Another thing to watch out for: if you like buying a programme at away games, be prepared for clubs who only print a few hundred and fans buying them in bulk to sell on eBay.

Having moved to Ruislip in 1978 - returning in 2017, I can tell you everything you need to know about Wealdstone's ground, and it won't take long! I lived just across the main road - in view of the floodlights, and I used to let my inhospitable Great Dane dog off for an early morning run on the pitch as it was easy to get through the surrounding fence. It used to belong to Ruislip Manor FC - many leagues below the NL, until they were bought out by Wealdstone who were homeless for a few years after having their ground sold for housing. NOTHING brings home to me more how far we have fallen that I could be going back there next season - minus the dog, to meet them on a level footing - a league game FFS!! Although moving back has saved me around 150 miles driving and 3+ hours travel time for home games, it's no compensation.
At least when the fixtures are out and Wealdstone (a) is announced, I'll be able to advise the best places to park and where to get a pre-match cold drink!
Can I park in your driveway as i. I am the first to ask and ii. I can park in front of your car as you won't need it as you are walking to game?

oh - ok ... then thats Ok - all good with me ...

silly me to think it might be a whole heap nicer watching good football from good clubs with good players ..

I'm aware you are probably just trolling but figured I'd bite anyway.

If this is really what you want, why the hell are you supporting Southend in the first place? Just go an support whichever team is winning things in the Prem/ Europe?

the most depressing post ever ....

a fan of Barrow (who) patronising the once mighty Shrimpers ...

ooooh whoopy doo dah ... BT might put us on the telly AND we can go on a facebook group ..

Next someone will tell me it will fabulous to have the opportunity to run into Mark Molesley in the bar at Weymouth Town ...

EVEN better we are bringing a buzz to the anorak supporters league ..
You could go and watch your mate Sol's team...when he gets one :Winking:

Is that map correct? Several clubs must be playing miles from where the towns in their names are
Looks very out of date: no Yeovil, Torquay, the pin for Atrincham looks like Salford, Gateshead are on there, and there are probably more anachronisms.

I'm aware you are probably just trolling but figured I'd bite anyway.

If this is really what you want, why the hell are you supporting Southend in the first place? Just go an support whichever team is winning things in the Prem/ Europe?

i like watching professional football... Southend is my team .... the better the standard of football the better ....

You could go and watch your mate Sol's team...when he gets one :Winking:

umm .. I did enjoy watching the SUFC teams Sol selected.. and of course I enjoyed watching him play for England.

I thought he knew what he was doing - unlike the extremely popular but useless MM.

I have never met Sol or MM or PB or RM and don't judge people by tittle tattle on fan sites.

I guess that you do .... but with time you will realise people peddling gossip generally have an agenda.

umm .. I did enjoy watching the SUFC teams Sol selected.. and of course I enjoyed watching him play for England.

I thought he knew what he was doing - unlike the extremely popular but useless MM.

I have never met Sol or MM or PB or RM and don't judge people by tittle tattle on fan sites.

I guess that you do .... but with time you will realise people peddling gossip generally have an agenda.
I've seen footage of his training sessions... he did not.

The Defenders hoofed it long over the midfielders heads whilst our strikers we marked by manikins. A certain Australian Captain walked off the training field having not touched the ball in 40mins.

Not tittle tattle, only from what you have posted on this forum in the past.

No agenda on my part.

Back