• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NEED HELP - Family & ticketing issues at RH

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
Family section/ticketing issues

Dear all concerned parents,

I am planning a visit to RH for a meeting to discuss family issues, costs, mini & junior blues ticketing problems soon.

I would be grateful if you could forward any problems you may have had in the past to me as something I can put forward. Also any positive spin or how you would improve things for families that attend in the future. I desperately want things to improve after an exile of fans from South Lower.

Please grab this chance to have your say as I have brought this issue personally as a father of four, three of which have season cards. Also, many a parent I speak to have expressed exasperation towards the system used. My goal is to make things better for future generations and for children so the club can understand & improve with our assistance.

Thanking you in advance,

Dash

I am planning a visit to RH for a meeting to discuss family issues, costs, mini & junior blues ticketing problems soon.

I would be grateful if you could forward any problems you may have had in the past to me as something I can put forward. Also any positive spin or how you would improve things for families that attend in the future. I desperately want things to improve after an exile of fans from South Lower.

Please grab this chance to have your say as I have brought this issue personally as a father of four, three of which have season cards. Also, many a parent I speak to have expressed exasperation towards the system used. My goal is to make things better for future generations and for children so the club can understand & improve with our assistance.

Thanking you in advance,

Dash

Why do you not go through the Shrimpers Trust... its what its there for!!

Have sent you pm mate, but as an additional comment, having tried to go out the opposite way to normal on Saturday (i.e. from the west side to the east side exit), have to say that the fence in the middle is a pain in the neck, as people are trying to pass each other in both directions.

i would agree with Scott and probably approach the Trust first... they may be able to help, and even so there is still nothing to stop you going to the club

Why do you not go through the Shrimpers Trust... its what its there for!!

Because I am setting up a meeting myself - you wanna attend as a concerned parent?

I believe there is no reason that I cannot follow up my own complaint really!

Cheers,

Dash

Thanking you in advance,

Dash

Anyone else with poitive/negative input?

PM me if you wish.

Thanks,

Dash

please let the club know I think the matchday experience is pretty spot on for my son and I(west family seaso) and the steps they have taken over the last few seasons have been brilliant

please let the club know I think the matchday experience is pretty spot on for my son and I(west family seaso) and the steps they have taken over the last few seasons have been brilliant

Thanks Lee,

Keep them coming in please...

Dash
:)

Thanks Lee,

Keep them coming in please...

Dash
:)
I object to a price rise when the cost of other season cards has frozen, particularly as the reason for the rise is the club's inability to prevent abuse of the family season cards. Why didn't the club stop people abusing the system and keep the prices as is.

Mark Mac

I object to a price rise when the cost of other season cards has frozen, particularly as the reason for the rise is the club's inability to prevent abuse of the family season cards. Why didn't the club stop people abusing the system and keep the prices as is.

Mark Mac

What is even more strange is that the club have announced there will be decicated turnstiles to prevent abuse of the family stand tickets as from next season.

I think the real reason is that for a couple of seasons the family stand tickets have been underpriced & has taken a large chunk of the usuable capacity of Roots Hall. The family stand covers the 800 or so seats in Blocks Q & R of the West Stand & all of the South Lower another 1,100 seats. So 1,900 seats out of a useable capacity of 11,700 are taken up by season ticket holders paying only £6.96 per seat per game.

If we stay in League 1 it will be interesting to see how many family stand season ticket holders have not renewed and have not moved seats to other parts of the ground. By increasing the Family Stand prices it may push some people into buying more expensive seats in oher parts of the ground as the gap between the prices has been reduced.

As we could still have 3 seasons left at Roots Hall lets hope that this 20% price increase is the last ever price increase in the Family Stand at Roots Hall

What is even more strange is that the club have announced there will be decicated turnstiles to prevent abuse of the family stand tickets as from next season.

I think the real reason is that for a couple of seasons the family stand tickets have been underpriced & has taken a large chunk of the usuable capacity of Roots Hall. The family stand covers the 800 or so seats in Blocks Q & R of the West Stand & all of the South Lower another 1,100 seats. So 1,900 seats out of a useable capacity of 11,700 are taken up by season ticket holders paying only £6.96 per seat per game.

If we stay in League 1 it will be interesting to see how many family stand season ticket holders have not renewed and have not moved seats to other parts of the ground. By increasing the Family Stand prices it may push some people into buying more expensive seats in oher parts of the ground as the gap between the prices has been reduced.

As we could still have 3 seasons left at Roots Hall lets hope that this 20% price increase is the last ever price increase in the Family Stand at Roots Hall
For me it's a 40 quid difference to move somewhere like the South Upper and I'm tempted to do so (better view) - however the season card swap over week (which I think was changed to this week?) seems to have been swamped by play-off sales.

Mark Mac

Why wouldnt the club ticket office sell me the seat next to my season ticket seat for fridays game?
I have bought that seat for my young son 9 times this season as i cannot afford a season seat for him, he comes along when i have the spare cash, but the ticket office would not sell me the seat last night at 4:50pm, considering the tickets go on general sale the day after and the office closed 10 mins later. They said i would have to make another trip or phone today at 9:30 to book it! Also have a 45 minute drive to the stadium
HAVE THEY EVER TRIED TO GET THROUGH ON THE PHONE WHEN A BIG GAME COMES ALONG!!
All i was asking was for a seat that in reality went on general sale 10 mins later, but they would not do it.
NOT VERY FAMILY FRIENDLY REALLY, I CAN BUY THE SEAT ANY OTHER TIME OF THE YEAR BUT NOT LAST NIGHT

Last edited:
Because I am setting up a meeting myself - you wanna attend as a concerned parent?

I believe there is no reason that I cannot follow up my own complaint really!

Cheers,

Dash

No but I am sure you can attend a meeting with the club and a Trust Representative there so that the club can see there is weight behind your issue

No but I am sure you can attend a meeting with the club and a Trust Representative there so that the club can see there is weight behind your issue

How much weight does the Trust bring to matters?

Did the club approach the Trust to get feedback on the proposed price increases in the family section before implementing?

Not having a go, just wondered about the reality of things. It seems the Trust meetings are with King & Wilshire rather than Martin.

ANy sorts of improvements from supporters should go through the trust so that they are organised.

If everyone with a complaint went directly to the club it makes it harder to control and ensure the right improvements are made.

Why wouldnt the club ticket office sell me the seat next to my season ticket seat for fridays game?
I have bought that seat for my young son 9 times this season as i cannot afford a season seat for him, he comes along when i have the spare cash, but the ticket office would not sell me the seat last night at 4:50pm, considering the tickets go on general sale the day after and the office closed 10 mins later. They said i would have to make another trip or phone today at 9:30 to book it! Also have a 45 minute drive to the stadium
All i was asking was for a seat that in reality went on general sale 10 mins later, but they would not do it.
NOT VERY FAMILY FRIENDLY REALLY, I CAN BUY THE SEAT ANY OTHER TIME OF THE YEAR BUT NOT LAST NIGHT

Thats madness if it was not a season ticket holders seat (which if you have had that seat before it probably isnt) then they could have sold it to you especially with only 10 mins to go.

If we had a decent online system, that would have helped because at least you could choose that seat rather than get some random seat.

I know they are under pressure and rules are rules but lets face it I doubt the game will be a sell out and 1 ticket sold early would have been good customer relations.

If we get to Wembley how the hell are they going to shift 30,000 tickets in 5 days:unsure:

Also have a 45 minute drive to the stadium

Well I had a 40 minute queue yesterday, so that would still be less than half the time for you to drive there and back.

By increasing the Family Stand prices it may push some people into buying more expensive seats in oher parts of the ground as the gap between the prices has been reduced.

Or it could simply price people who can least afford to go out of coming to matches, a fair proportion of which may be children, who should be looked upon as the lifeblood of future support.

Or it could simply price people who can least afford to go out of coming to matches, a fair proportion of which may be children, who should be looked upon as the lifeblood of future support.

Thought I had covered that with this If we stay in League 1 it will be interesting to see how many family stand season ticket holders have not renewed and have not moved seats to other parts of the ground.

All very odd why the Family Stand was picked out for a 20% price increase, but I'm not sure we will get the correct answer and can only make guesses.

I think the family season ticket is great value for money, I know you are restricted for choice of seats but this would not put me off the Family section due to the good price. Seeing as a friend of mine just paid 1200 pound for his arsenal ticket

Back