• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Need more player/team specific songs

M@CC@ 16

First XI
Noticed the other day that most our songs are very unpersonal regarding players and our team.

For example one Adam Barrett, can be used for anyone, and we used to use it for Sodje too. Peter Clarke here there everywhere can be used for anyone etc. Much preferred singing Bailey's song last year atleast meant something.

Same with our team songs ie. When the blues go marching in (good song thou), and look like a prat spelling it out but the wer er er ... Southend.

I came up with a few personal ones...

I know we already have 'we all follow the essex boys in blue' and copies the Torres bounce.

But na na na na na na, na na, na na na na, na na, nananananana Lee Barnard Southend number 9.
(Need something for start of verse), we bought the lad from White Hart Lane, he gets the ball he scores again, Lee Barnard Southend number 9.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjRQfJ3f74&feature=related

Put my Lee Sawyer one on here yesterday.

And have put the words Dougie Freedman in several songs but the best I have got so far is:
You come and go, you come and go. Dougie dougie dougie dougie dougiiiiie Freeeedman, you come and go, you come and goooo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YqeTpbV9nt0

Song reminds me of him now since making this song.

Noticed the other day that most our songs are very unpersonal regarding players and our team.

For example one Adam Barrett, can be used for anyone, and we used to use it for Sodje too. Peter Clarke here there everywhere can be used for anyone etc. Much preferred singing Bailey's song last year atleast meant something.

Same with our team songs ie. When the blues go marching in (good song thou), and look like a prat spelling it out but the wer er er ... Southend.

I came up with a few personal ones...

I know we already have 'we all follow the essex boys in blue' and copies the Torres bounce.

But na na na na na na, na na, na na na na, na na, nananananana Lee Barnard Southend number 9.
(Need something for start of verse), we bought the lad from White Hart Lane, he gets the ball he scores again, Lee Barnard Southend number 9.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjRQfJ3f74&feature=related

Put my Lee Sawyer one on here yesterday.

And have put the words Dougie Freedman in several songs but the best I have got so far is:
You come and go, you come and go. Dougie dougie dougie dougie dougiiiiie Freeeedman, you come and go, you come and goooo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YqeTpbV9nt0

Song reminds me of him now since making this song.

But thats what makes our version different. It's about the whole team rather than Liverpool's version about a single player.

I agree far to many songs about where has your money gone and where were you when you were shi t.

Personally i don't like Mr Eastwood but how about a tribute to him for his Goal against man u by singing the old "freddy eastwood da da da da"

Southend And were proud of it
Southend till i Die
Tilly & Brush's Yellow/Red Army Depending on Kit.

If it all goes TI TS up the we can revert to just bouncing up and down and down Like we did v Southampton And Doncaster.

Whatever happens Sing Loud and Sing Proud.

If we sign JFC before then surely his name fits into Nicky Baileys song

Jean Francois Cristophe
You are the love of my life Jean Francois Cristophe.. ?

Oh Orenuja, we can't pronounce your name
Oh Orenuja, you've not yet just started a game
Orenuja, we're sure that soo-oon will change"

OK not great!

"on the 12th day of Christmas Tilly gave to me
12 Sankofas
11 Damien Scannells
10 Alex Revells
9 Lee Barnards
8 Alan Macca's
7 'thony Grants
6 Adam Barretts
5 Pe---ter Clarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkes
4 Johnny Herds
3 Laurents
2 Doogie Freeds
and a Steve Mildenhall in goal!"

12 Sankofas
11 Damien Scannells
10 Alex Revells
9 Lee Barnards
8 Alan Macca's
7 'thony Grants
6 Adam Barretts
4 Johnny Herds
3 Laurents
2 Doogie Freeds

12 Days of Christmas is apparently too complicated for people to remember and will take too long to sing. I had a great version celebrating Tilly's achievements as manager, but the numbers will no longer work.

12 Sankofas
11 Damien Scannells
10 Alex Revells
9 Lee Barnards
8 Alan Macca's
7 'thony Grants
6 Adam Barretts
4 Johnny Herds
3 Laurents
2 Doogie Freeds

That's really very good, using club numbers as far as possible!

12 Sankofas
11 Damien Scannells
10 Alex Revells
9 Lee Barnards
8 Alan Macca's
7 'thony Grants
6 Adam Barretts
4 Johnny Herds
3 Laurents
2 Doogie Freeds

I like it! Could use it at the games over christmas, sure it could spread round at an away game and bring it back from there.

Edit of peter clarke song for family stand

his here
his there
we're not aloud to swear
peter clarke
peter clarke

Also for the family stand...

"Can you hear Chelsea sing...no, no
Can you hear Chelsea sing...no, no
Can you hear Chelsea sing?
I can't hear very much at all...!"

Back