• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Harris

I’ve Mentioned before, and on another thread tonight that it’s more-than-likely down to the abuse he has been receiving from his own fans.

He’s not that well-liked by them, and they’ve wanted him gone for a while.

Last night - I would assume - was the final straw, after being repeatedly abused on live television.

If he walks now, he walks with a decent managerial record, and doesn’t completely tarnish his reputation with those Millwall fans who still held him in a decent regard, (although as I said, the majority had already turned against him a long time ago).

Just shows how fickle football fans are. Neil has established them as a Championship club. Give it a few months and they’ll be begging for him to be back whilst they drop like a stone towards relegation.

Just shows how fickle football fans are. Neil has established them as a Championship club. Give it a few months and they’ll be begging for him to be back whilst they drop like a stone towards relegation.

Their dislike of Harris pre-dates the managerial stint

Millwall are critical of his tactics and hoof ball. I guess he might bring Lenny back?..... Long shot

Short ball, long ball. I'd take a winning side.

Millwall didn't mind that long ball when they got promoted.

Definitely. However, it could work in our favour, as Larsson has drifted out to 7/1 with SkyBet. That’s worth a tenner of anyone’s money
Can’t be arsed to work it all out so I’m putting a fiver on them all

The Millwall Club statement also states that Neil Harris’s assistant Doug Livermore has also resigned. It strikes me they are going somewhere else.......

Short ball, long ball. I'd take a winning side.

Millwall didn't mind that long ball when they got promoted.

How on earth would we ever be successful playing long ball? Which of our players does that suit? Can’t remember the last time Humphrys wanted to head a ball that was booted up the pitch to him!

my mate who's a Millwall season ticket says the crowd have been on his back and he can't be bothered with them any more. can't say I blame him

Neil is a perfect fit, knows this club and league 1 very well indeed

Supported the club, one of our own and will work with passion.

Still v young as a manager with bags of energy and something to prove!

His family is obviously well settled in the area and he has respect in the game

Back