• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Harris

We do need results but if hoofball was the tactic, this current squad isn't set up to play that way so would not bring the results needed

Watch then appoint some fancy name who will try to get them to play fancy football but instead they’ll just slip towards the relegation zone and eventually back in to league one where they belong. It’ll be at that moment there fans will realise how badly they’ve ****ed up.

If one of their fans changed it to L2.... They could be talking about us.

I quite agree, but route one would not suit the players even if they could pass to one another. Need your forwards to be able to head the ball and one of ours hasnt won a header in weeks

Certainly since 65/6 we've been a yo-yo club but throughout our history I'd wager we've spent more time in L1/3rd division rather than L2/4th division.

Which of course has no relevance to my post but as you have mentioned it.

I know history isn't your strong point but the 4th division only started in about 1958? before that we had never got promoted from Div 3 South. I have never bothered to check but I would wager we had good and bad seasons in Div 3 South.....You could argue finishing potential div 3 or div 4

I know historywagering isn't your strong point

Fixed that for you

iu

Im amazed NH is favorite without even been interviewed yet ....madness .

Putting myself in his boots Id be confident i could get another job in the Championship with his CV and the way that League churns managers i would hold out for a more lucrative deal , Just my opinion of course .
It's not just based on likelihood it's based on the amount of money being put on it

I know history isn't your strong point but the 4th division only started in about 1958? before that we had never got promoted from Div 3 South. I have never bothered to check but I would wager we had good and bad seasons in Div 3 South.....You could argue finishing potential div 3 or div 4

On the contrary modern history is very much my strong point.I'm well aware (thank you) that we used to be in Div 3 South (my parents used to watch us in those days).I haven't bothered to check either but my bet still stands.I can remember we used to hold the record (along with Shrewsbury) for the most seasons spent in Div 3.

Last edited:
feel like Harris could have scuppered our chances of bringing Adam home now :(

Well Ron had the chance to act quicker but now with Barrett taking over as caretaker manager for tomorrows game, if he does well it could give him a shot at the millwall job :(

Well that's put that rumour to bed then.

On the other hand, knowing how Ron likes to keep his cards close to his chest, he will probably be announced as our new manager on Monday morning.

feel like Harris could have scuppered our chances of bringing Adam home now :(

Well Ron had the chance to act quicker but now with Barrett taking over as caretaker manager for tomorrows game, if he does well it could give him a shot at the millwall job :(
Zero chance of him getting the job there, they will want and can afford a more experienced merry go round character.

On the contrary history is much my strong point.I'm well aware (thank you) that we used to be in Div 3 South (my parents used to watch us in those days).I haven't bothered to check either but my bet still stands.I can remember we used to hold the record (along with Shrewsbury) for the most seasons spent in Div 3.

Not sure why you have invented an argument about something i have never claimed and now want to bet

Whether your mum went to watch us or not why we are on the list of yoyo clubs.

We can't revisit your many historical mistakes now that politics are banned. Some of my other favourites were Britain didn't receive any Marshall aid and the US had not aided Spain or had military bases under Franco.

Not sure why you have invented an argument about something i have never claimed and now want to bet

Whether your mum went to watch us or not why we are on the list of yoyo clubs.

We can't revisit your many historical mistakes now that politics are banned. Some of my other favourites were Britain didn't receive any Marshall aid and the US had not aided Spain or had military bases under Franco.

If one of their fans changed it to L2.... They could be talking about us.

You clearly suggested in the second post above that our natural home was in L2/fourth division.I argued that though we've been a yo-yo club since 65/6 we've probably spent more years in L3/third division.If you don't want to bet that's fine with me. (Probably means I'd win).

So I didn't invent an argument at all.

Incidentally, both my parents were season ticket holders until 65/6.

Your last claim is a bare-faced lie and something I've never said at all.

FWIW,I'd say we've been a yo-yo club ever since 65/6 chiefly because of lack of forward planning at boardroom level,which will probably lead to our relegation again this season.

FORMER Millwall manager Neil Harris has broken his silence after leaving the Den, saying it was "the right decision at the right time" for himself and the club.

More...

Back