• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp Creek

Schoolboy
First I'll lay my cards on the table and say that i'm a Chelsea supporter or should i say a disillutioned one and before anyone asks i'm not the nutter who was wearing a chelsea shirt at the game tonight :D
Ive started watchching southend quite by acident after my son was chosen to be a ball boy at the spammers game pre season and i haven't missed a home game since.
Its been like a breath of fresh air for me and i can only discribe it like being transported back 20 years in time before all the premiership bollacks corrupted football.
Ive read some of the negative posts that the team are getting at the moment and have to say that to me they are very good side and look a class above almost all the teams they play they just let themselfs down with stupid mistakes that if ironed out will make them a force to be reckoned with in league one.
btw, the liquidator before the start was a nice touch -just like being at the bridge :D
Shrimp Creek

Well, nice to see we can pull in fans of the Premier****e.

Only bodes well for the future of the club..

Welcome to Real Football!!.

Good to have you on board mate..........once SUFC are in your blood you are in for life :)

...it's like a rare disease that flares up every couple of years but generally lies dormant.... similar to herpes.

** awaits negative rep **

...it's like a rare disease that flares up every couple of years but generally lies dormant.... similar to herpes.

** awaits negative rep **

Herpes................a rare disease................not what i heard mate.....keep using the cream!!!!

Welcome to Shrimp Creek - very interesting to note the slow drift away from the Prem. And especially interesting when it's a Chelsea fan - when you'd think as a fan of one of the "big 4" sides, you might be interested in sticking around because at least you support a side capable of winning something.

I mean, what joy is there to be had at the moment as (say) a Middlesbrough fan? A plastic side in a plastic stadium in which mid-table obscurity is the very apogee of your ambitions.

I might not like the downs of the roller-coaster that is being a Shrimper, but I'll tell you what, it's never dull...

:p

Welcome on board, Shrimp Creek - to Essex's finest football team and its #1 independent website.

:D

All i can say is GOOOOD MAN.... Roots Hall is the place to watch real FOOTBALL none of that wimpy premiership poofs hu fall ova asif they ave been shot.... TRUE BLUE!!

lol......yeah, welcome to a life time of heartache and disappointment mixed in with a few moments of utter wonderment :)

Some great comments and all true. i recall days where you could talk to every away supporter following the blues at a match before half time. recall blues under peter taylor away win at wolves conga time for all 25 or so of us !! welcome aboard....

I mean, what joy is there to be had at the moment as (say) a Middlesbrough fan? A plastic side in a plastic stadium in which mid-table obscurity is the very apogee of your ambitions.

I might not like the downs of the roller-coaster that is being a Shrimper, but I'll tell you what, it's never dull...

Nail on the head.

My second team is Arsenal (family come from Islingon originally) and there was a time I supported both equally. However in recent years Ive lost interest in the premiership as theres only ever really 2 teams who can win it and the only real interest is the relegation battle.

You get teams like Charlton who really do well getting into the top 8 then their fans get disillusioned and suddenly seem to think they should be doing better and end up losing their manager and relegated.

Lower league football doesnt get the headlines or hype but theres always far more going on in the 3 lower divisions!

Thank You for the warm welcome everyone :D

One aspect of supporting a premiership club was that i couldn't really afford to take my boys to matches and in the long term this win have a detrimental effect on their fan bases. thanks to southends cup policy ive taken both boys to the cup games with them both joining in with the singing in the west stand on tuesday night-priceless moment for a dad :D

Thank You for the warm welcome everyone :D

One aspect of supporting a premiership club was that i couldn't really afford to take my boys to matches and in the long term this win have a detrimental effect on their fan bases. thanks to southends cup policy ive taken both boys to the cup games with them both joining in with the singing in the west stand on tuesday night-priceless moment for a dad :D

The crunch will come when we get Chelsea in the premiership decider.

Back