• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Club Magazine

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Did anyone see the article on Scriv in last Friday's Standard? (written by Jai Forsyth!).
Seems they club are launching a monthly magazine sometime soon! This sounds like a great idea...Reading FC recently launched one and it's fantastic - it's also sold in newsagents in town, not just at the Madejski stadium- I think this would be a great way to raise awareness of SUFC around the region.
Kudos Scriv!

That would be wicked. look forward to it! Is this defo going ahead?

That would be a fantastic idea. It would raise awareness of the Club in the local area, assuming its sold in newsagents and not just at the Club.

I'd be very interested in that.

sceptical -

seeing as we are all clued up on southend and we are the ones that go...

i think it may be a waste of time and money but give it a chance definitely scriv has come up with some great ideas since his special cushti little position he has taken up.

They used to do a newspaper thing like this in the 90s called Blues News. All I can remember about it was features on Phil Gridelet and loads of tacky pictures of ropey looking women. It certainly wasn't designed to broaden Southend's fan base.

We've so far got plans to get it in WH Smith's in the town centre and depending on it's popularity we will try to broaden it's circulation.

Should be very good though and it will be completely different to the matchday programme.

Also as soon as details of subscriptions are finalised I will let you all know.

Scriv, any chance of us exiles being able to subscribe and thus getting it sent to us when each is issue is published?

Considering the number of kids we are getting along, I think that any sort of publication with a decent sized poster (that a programme can't really do) is a good idea.

I am a little sceptical as to what you can put in there that won't be covered by BluesWorld.

I mean, we've only got 19 players. They'll be doing a column each!!!

You are all too negative. Not everybody is permanently on the websites. Would be great to get circulated in Bas Vegas and Brentwood and surrounding areas.

My six year old craves SUFC information but we all know what is available in local newsagents.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 08 2005,08:53)]You are all too negative. Not everybody is permanently on the websites. Would be great to get circulated in Bas Vegas and Brentwood and surrounding areas.

My six year old craves SUFC information but we all know what is available in local newsagents.
I'm warming to it. Initially I was thinking about whether I would buy it but there really wouldn't be much point as all the news would filter through here sooner or later.

However, from a kid's perspective, a messageboard like this seems either boring (in spite of ORM's 'efforts') or perhaps intimidating.

Worth throwing a couple of issues to Smiths to see how it goes though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Sep. 08 2005,08:56)]They used to do a newspaper thing like this in the 90s called Blues News. All I can remember about it was features on Phil Gridelet and loads of tacky pictures of ropey looking women. It certainly wasn't designed to broaden Southend's fan base.
Ah yes. Blues News. Either pay for a copy at your local newsagents or wait until matchday and pick up a copy FREE from outside the North Bank ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 08 2005,08:53)]You are all too negative. Not everybody is permanently on the websites. Would be great to get circulated in Bas Vegas and Brentwood and surrounding areas.

Alldays in the Bishops Hall Road area, Brentwood would be lovely, don't fancy trekking all the way into Southend Town Centre to find it!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 08 2005,08:53)]My six year old craves SUFC information but we all know what is available in local newsagents.
Cigarettes and Fireworks are available in local nesagents and most newsagents wouldn't bat an eyelid selling them to six year olds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Squirrel and G man @ Sep. 08 2005,09:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 08 2005,08:53)]My six year old craves SUFC information but we all know what is available in local newsagents.
Cigarettes and Fireworks are available in local nesagents and they are not shy about selling them to six year olds.
OK...
oops.gif
ghostface.gif

Might also be worth giving them free (assuming the cost isn't prohibitive) to Doctors Dentist, Barbers etc..

That way people who wouldn't normally buy it will maybe browse.....

I think it's a fine idea, and no IT expertise (or knowledge of RSS b******s) necessary to enjoy it!
tounge.gif

I would like to see Southend United related crossword puzzle or word search in each edition.

It could be called Bluesword or Shrimpers search or something similar

Back