• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New club shop

The_Showstoppa15

....why the club would spend that much money on a club shop if they are not planning on staying at Roots Hall. I've been miffed about this for ages, but I really don't see the club building this nice new club shop, only for it to be out of use within 3 or 4 years.

It was stated on a thread in chit-chat that even if and when we move to FF, the shop would remain there (with a smaller outlet at FF) because the location is better for general non-match day trade.

Makes sense to me.

I'm sure the shop will / won't have anything to do with the club depending on what's the convenient angle at any given time.

What new stadium?! I haven't seen any planning proposals yet, let alone planning permission?!

WS

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,17:56)]What new stadium?! I haven't seen any planning proposals yet, let alone planning permission?!

WS

wow.gif
It's virtually built Mike. Keep up.

We would have gone on about it but it looks terrible and we're all embarassed to point it out.

the club obv. are intending to stay at the hall cos the car park is being dug up next week for new cables to be laid for the new barcode ticketing system

The club will be at the Hall while (if!) FF is being built, it's a good three years before we'll move at the least I reckon, therefore such building works are required for maintenance of the Hall. I wouldn't read too much into this or the new ticketing system if I were you.

Edit: it wiuld seem that I have lost the ability to type this evening!

Good idea about having 2 shops. I remember when we had the one in Vic Circus. I loved that! Wen we get promoted we might get it back...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,12:14)]I remember when we had the one in Vic Circus. I loved that!
Oh please! That shop made The Pound Shop look like Harrods.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 08 2005,12:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,12:14)]I remember when we had the one in Vic Circus. I loved that!
Oh please! That shop made The Pound Shop look like Harrods.
Aren't all the shops there like that though?!? It's like being at Romford market!!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Aug. 04 2005,23:43)]....why the club would spend that much money on a club shop if they are not planning on staying at Roots Hall.  I've been miffed about this for ages, but I really don't see the club building this nice new club shop, only for it to be out of use within 3 or 4 years.
I agree that it is an outragous waste of money building a new club shop if it will only be used for a few seasons until we move stadiums.

It's not like we have money to burn.

I think it would be far more cost effective to withdraw from the football league and mothball the club until such time that the new stadium is built.

We could then start off again in the Essex senior league.

Comments?

Great idea, i'd go with that. It would save money, and the derby's we would have, pheww, makes my mouth water at the prospect...
glare.gif
smile.gif

Good plan... we'd get a Southend derby in too - SUFC v Southend Manor. And our stadium would be like Old Trafford compared to such stunning grounds as the Brentwood Centre Arena....!  
tounge.gif

Hmm, on further reflection I prefer life in League 1...!

And we would out number all the oppositions fans, like AFC Wimbledon do!!
laugh.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Oh sorry, seem to have dozed off waiting for the club to come out and say something regarding FF.

Dream on, SITP, dream on.

Ron has indicated it won't happen until he can buy out delancey. This was said months ago yet there's been no visible evidence of this. Therefore I assume he can't raise the cash and we will be staying at Roots Hall for the forseeable future, if not permanently.

Not that I care, because I'm quite attached to the Hall, it's got character unlike the identikit stadiums you see around these days.

Well, me too. Lots of great memories of Roots Hall. Sadly, being my age, the majority of them last season!

Still, if it means we'll make more money/will make smaller losses, I want us to move on.

Either way, I'd like to know. IMO, Delancey are waiting to see if there is any prospect of us going up again. If there is, suddenly, this burden they've been carrying will become a little cash cow (well, relatively!!)

Oh, believe me as much as I don't really want us to leave the Hall, if it's for the benefit of the club I will be happy for it to happen.

It's very frustrating to see it all hanging up in the air, I wish something definite would happen, it's almost like we're in limbo as a club at the moment...

Really is but while we perform on the pitch, no-one will mind.

Still, best stop posting here before people think there is actually some news going on!

biggrin.gif

Back