• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Contracts

Hmm, not the strongest argument you've ever put forward..
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 21 2005,11:46)]We should have kept Tes ...

sad.gif
We should have got an injunction preventing Jeroen Boere from entering the borough of Southend-on-sea before he played his first game, but sometimes you only learn these things when its too late
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 21 2005,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 21 2005,11:46)]We should have kept Tes ...

sad.gif
We should have got an injunction preventing Jeroen Boere from entering the borough of Southend-on-sea before he played his first game, but sometimes you only learn these things when its too late  
sad.gif
Ah, now for once, I agree heartily with my fellow Greenwich Shrimper...

ghostface.gif

I will be very unhappy by smiths decision to leave if he does we have stuck by him for a long time through his injuries. There are not many clubs that would have done this.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phil08 @ June 21 2005,13:42)]I will be very unhappy by smiths decision to leave if he does we have stuck by him for a long time through his injuries.  There are not many clubs that would have done this.
mad.gif
Glad someone brought this thread nearly back on topic. Reading two/three pages of Spiff and Matt flirting is two/three pages too much.

Anyways, Beno isn't suspended for the start of the season, Jay would get a hell of amout of abuse if he were to leave and Ron Martin should be praised to the hill tops for wanting to keep Tilly, Brush and Barrett longer than their contracts by offering them all extensions to their current deals.

Back on topic, surely one day the players' agent bubble will burst - a whole industry based on greed that will surely meet its Waterloo when one of them steps too far over the line...

That day cant come soon enough - if Cody thinks advising Jay to move on for the sake of an extra fiver a week and a packet of cheesy wotsits (even if it means dropping a division) represents sound advice then he's clearly deluded.

I'd say he's not deluded of course, he's just in the unusually happy position of having clients with (generally speaking and compared to your average Joe) two rare things in common - an abundance of cash and a lack of intelligence and education. For most of us its the other way round.

Fill yer boots
mad.gif

Its a shame that no-one like the FA can step in and so no football agents.

Or it would be nice if all clubs stood together and said they weren't prepared to talk to agents.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 21 2005,00:50)]Long term injuries are part of professional football. Southend offered Smith a contract for the season and he took it. It isn't his fault he suffered a relapse and has been unable to play this season. At the end of his contract he is free to do what he likes.

We don't know what sort of contract Southend have  offered Jay for next season. If Bristol Rovers can offer him more money and first team football then I won't blame him for leaving.

I'd do exactly the same thing. Anyone that thinks differently is either still at school, isn't paying for the roof over their head or simply looks at life with SUFC tinted specs on.

*IF* Jay leaves then he has let no one down. Southend United are not a benevolent fund and if Tilson had known Jay would be injured for the whole season there is no way he would have been offered a contract last year in the first place.
Excellent post - agree 100%.

Back