• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its not the whole song though, so it could be just an upbeat but appropriate bit from a song

For me there is a bit in Story of the Blues by the Mighty Wah which would work and is original and appropriate

[video=youtube;CTmA1wQOd78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmA1wQOd78[/video]

Whatever song it is it needs a part where people can clap along or participate.

If people choose a song like One Step Beyond because you can dance crazy to it wont really allow 80% of the crowd to participate so nullifies the point which is to engage the crowd.

The current song may be crud but it does encourage the crowd to join in.

Its not the whole song though, so it could be just an upbeat but appropriate bit from a song

For me there is a bit in Story of the Blues by the Mighty Wah which would work and is original and appropriate

[video=youtube;CTmA1wQOd78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmA1wQOd78[/video]

Maybe play this when we let one in... :thumbdown:

Out of interest, is this going to be positioned with the club and a request made to change ? Not that fussed, but SZ is not the official mouthpiece of the fans and despite its success does not represent the 4,500 or so hardcore. Or does it?

Three goals went in last week and seem to be celebrated appropriately, it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Another point is the championing of Depeche Mode as a 'local' band, yet Basildon has been derided on this site consistently over the years.

what about the music played at the Alley Palley darts? DU, DU DU DU DU, DU DU DU DU DU DU, DU DU DU DU, OI OI OI!

If you get the idea?

If there is some 'positive' stadium news in the near future , we should honour our Chairman in the form of a new goal celebration song.
It has to be 'Da Do Ron Ron'......................:clap:

Ok, bit of an 'off the wall' suggestion, but why not see if there is someone on here (or known to someone on here) that could record our own,personal and unique goal music. Just needs to be about 30 seconds long, catchy riff and include words along the lines of 'It's in the net, now let's have another one'.
I know that no-one would know it at first, but by the same token, many of the suggested pieces so far do not fall in my sphere of listening, but I would get to know them pretty quickly.
It's not as though we have got to have this done by Christmas, so maybe some budding composers could put some pieces up here for approval.

The Chorus to 'Tarzans Nuts' by Madness. Very catchy and certainly a 'bouncy song' that can be danced and shouted too!!

Unique and not used by any other club - would someone be able to post a link please as i do not have access at work.

Thanks.

Very catchy tune

[video=youtube;W1xX5c69iMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xX5c69iMU[/video]

so far we have (sensible ones)

1. Kenkraft - Zombie Nation
2. Eiffel 65 - Blue
3. Cliff Richard - Wired for sound
4. Madness - One Step Beyond
5. The Prodigy - Firestarter
6. Planet Funk - Chase the Sun
7. Depeche Mode - I Just Can't Get Enough
8. Madness - Tarzans Nuts