• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground update?

The plan is for smaller gigs in the 1000 seat conference room. Also, xmas parties are a massive revebue stream. Talking to Tom, Gills made 800,000k profit on xmas parties in December when he was CEO there
So why do have we not had Christmas Parties at the current facilities at Roots Hall?

I remember there used to be regular nights at the shrimpers bar and also at boots and laces. That hasn't been the case for a very long time.

The market was always good too. Not sure why this stopped or they don't do a hard standing boot sale in the car park on Sundays all year round.

Not huge money but for a club like ours. Every little helps.

I remember there used to be regular nights at the shrimpers bar and also at boots and laces. That hasn't been the case for a very long time.

The market was always good too. Not sure why this stopped or they don't do a hard standing boot sale in the car park on Sundays all year round.

About 40 plus years ago there was a regular disco there called Fannys.

I kid you not! I expect some of the older folks on here may remember it.

I remember going to "Funny Skins" mid 90's. First underage rave up for me :Thumbs up:

About 40 plus years ago there was a regular disco there called Fannys.

I kid you not! I expect some of the older folks on here may remember it.
Those were the days. Memories of my misspent youth...

I remember Fanny's. :Winking::Winking::Winking:

I also remember going to the Shrimpers Bar for a Radio Caroline Roadshow.

:Thumbs up:

There used to be lots of things going on at the ground which bought extra income in but when RM had only one vision 20 odd years ago it stopped. Any improvements or seeing any future at RH just fell on deaf ears and since then we have fallen into decay.

And how about walking from the airport train station to FF? There's a way through from near Warner's Bridge, no?
Its definitely possible, there's a footpath on the Rochford side of Warners Bridge that goes across Southend Rugby ground. It comes out in Temple Farm Ind Est. which then takes you to Sutton Road right by the new ground. That's the route I'll be taking..........if the new ground ever gets built........

There used to be lots of things going on at the ground which bought extra income in but when RM had only one vision 20 odd years ago it stopped. Any improvements or seeing any future at RH just fell on deaf ears and since then we have fallen into decay.
It's not just the facilities either. It's the amenities. The offering and experience on a match day.

The catering choices are the same as they were 20 years. Nothing new, no inventive ideas with food and drink. Anything which might cost a little bit of extra money at the outset seems to be a complete no-go, even if it might actually make a bit of profit eventually.

The plan is for smaller gigs in the 1000 seat conference room. Also, xmas parties are a massive revebue stream. Talking to Tom, Gills made 800,000k profit on xmas parties in December when he was CEO there
With respect I think you’ve misremembered or had a typo there, £800k profit in around 20 days is circa £40k profit per day, so turnover would need to be at least treble to factor in wages and costs. That’s fantasy numbers for hospitality unless you are dealing with large corporations is very high end venues

It's not just the facilities either. It's the amenities. The offering and experience on a match day.

The catering choices are the same as they were 20 years. Nothing new, no inventive ideas with food and drink. Anything which might cost a little bit of extra money at the outset seems to be a complete no-go, even if it might actually make a bit of profit eventually.
That's the problem with being skint. You haven't got the money to invest in something that might provide a return.

With respect I think you’ve misremembered or had a typo there, £800k profit in around 20 days is circa £40k profit per day, so turnover would need to be at least treble to factor in wages and costs. That’s fantasy numbers for hospitality unless you are dealing with large corporations is very high end venues
Tom definitely said that there was 800k profit to put back into the club.
Probably on more than one room so more than one party at a time. I think he said they started before December too so some days at the end of November too

Back