• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground update?

SCC and RDC have been studying feasibility of a new road north, warners Bridge and the Anne Boleyn area are too often choked. This development may push those plans forward.
If, big if, any future is known for airport or not, lots to still happen.

SCC and RDC have been studying feasibility of a new road north, warners Bridge and the Anne Boleyn area are too often choked. This development may push those plans forward.
If, big if, any future is known for airport or not, lots to still happen.
The problem is you've got the sea to the East, the Crouch to the North and the Thames to the South... wherever you put a road, the only way out is West!

What a really poor response to what was an excellent post.

Whilst you, and no doubt many, will disagree with it, you could at least respond with a proper response/debate instead of what is becoming the norm on here unfortunately.
……and whilst you’re handing out advice to other posters again, perhaps you could do with a little less of your rather superior judgemental attitude……try to develop a small sense of humour. That would be good. I’m sure that many zoners would have found the “I smell a rat line” quite amusing.

……and whilst you’re handing out advice to other posters again, perhaps you could do with a little less of your rather superior judgemental attitude……try to develop a small sense of humour. That would be good. I’m sure that many zoners would have found the “I smell a rat line” quite amusing.

Maybe they do, but I don’t.

This forum used to be really good. Used to have lots of input from a lot of good posters, and even those I disagreed with, would put their points across so I could see where they are coming from, as opposed to just not engaging in any form of debate.

It seems to be a thing now that you have to land on one side of the line, and you aren’t allowed to see both sides of a story. You have to be pro something or against it, you can’t see the values in both. On this forum, RM is the perfect example of that. You aren’t allowed to suggest anything isn’t 100% his fault, or god forbid you say something positive, then your mental health gets called into question, you are a stooge, a plant or a fanboy.

It’s strange how your name only ever pops up when speaking about RM. I’ve never seen you discuss a match performance, the benefits of 3 at the back as opposed to a flat back four, or which player we should sign (forget the embargo for a minute). It’s just constant rantings about RM.

I’m not expecting a reply. 99% of the time I call you out, you go into hiding, then make the same comments again.

Enjoy your day, I’ve got better things to do.

Last edited:
Maybe they do, but I don’t.

This forum used to be really good. Used to have lots of input from a lot of foot posters, and even those I disagreed with, would put their points across so I could see where they are coming from, as opposed to just not engaging in any form of debate.

It seems to be a thing now that you have to land on one side of the line, and you aren’t allowed to see both sides of a story. You have to be pro something or against it, you can’t see the values in both. On this forum, RM is the perfect example of that. You aren’t allowed to suggest anything isn’t 100% his fault, or god forbid you say something positive, then your mental health gets called into question, you are a stooge, a plant or a fanboy.

It’s strange how you name only ever pops up when speaking about RM. I’ve never seen you discuss a match performance, the benefits of 3 at the back as opposed to a flat back four, or which player we should sign (forget the embargo for a minute). It’s just constant rantings about RM.

I’m not expecting a reply. 99% of the time I call you out, you go into hiding, then make the same comments again.

Enjoy your day, I’ve got better things to do.
Sign of the times unfortunately. Social media and politics have spilled over into all aspects of online life leaving us with the binary "agree with me or f**k off" attitude.

Whatever happened to let's agree to disagree?

I think rigsby had the right idea. It should have been built down by the Kursaal on the Seaway site (if that's what it's called). As it is that looks like it's going to remain a wasteland for the rest of my life.

Point of order. We tried the Kursal 100 years ago and it was to windy. My suggestion was the Queensway site as they are going to spend £500m+ knocking down those tower blocks and rebuilding something that will still have the same social problems, high crime and be of no value to the 'city' centre

Whilst our council, Sainsbury's and Ron have been dragging their feet for 40 years, the rest of the country have gone full circle and realise a stadium should be in the heart of any town.

We would be real close to both rail stations and would boost the town on match weekends. More attractive for a hotel, conference and weddings etc. Further housing could be built at FF instead of the stadium and it would be easy for the council to add further housing in decades time out at FF, rather than squeeze flats in every smaller sites with no parking available.

Point of order. We tried the Kursal 100 years ago and it was to windy. My suggestion was the Queensway site as they are going to spend £500m+ knocking down those tower blocks and rebuilding something that will still have the same social problems, high crime and be of no value to the 'city' centre

Whilst our council, Sainsbury's and Ron have been dragging their feet for 40 years, the rest of the country have gone full circle and realise a stadium should be in the heart of any town.

We would be real close to both rail stations and would boost the town on match weekends. More attractive for a hotel, conference and weddings etc. Further housing could be built at FF instead of the stadium and it would be easy for the council to add further housing in decades time out at FF, rather than squeeze flats in every smaller sites with no parking available.

Whilst I don't disagree that having a new stadium in the heart of the town would be great, can you imagine how long it would take to re-apply for planning and completely restructure the fossetts deal.

It's got to the point where its fossetts or bust. It really isn't as far out of town as some of the other clubs that have built new stadiums.

It maybe isn't as close as Roots Hall but not much further.

Whilst I don't disagree that having a new stadium in the heart of the town would be great, can you imagine how long it would take to re-apply for planning and completely restructure the fossetts deal.

It's got to the point where its fossetts or bust. It really isn't as far out of town as some of the other clubs that have built new stadiums.

Yes I know it can never happen because of the sort of people who either become councillors, work for them NIMBY's and those that want the club to fold to spite Ron.....Even though that would do him a favour as his 'pot of gold' is the housing not the stadium. You know the sort of ignorant idiots who target decent posters like BoyWonder.

If anyone really wanted to they could start the housing art FF after Easter and have all the people from Queensway housed at FF by Christmas. Demolish Qeensway by this time next year and start the stadium immediately.......Unfortunately that takes vision, decision and an attitude of can rather than cant.

@rigsby, agree SBC are, and have been for 50 plus years a backward, regressive, negative, socially unjust body of elitist nimbys.
The plans for Queensway make my blood boil. Have they ever visited a high rise social housing project that "works" or know about the Kursall ghetto?
And this £1 MILLION spend on planters for the run down drug foresaken High Street? Well how about they tell us where the Millenium Clock is now? or the fleet of hire bikes?
GRRRRRRRRR.
They, SBC and RDC are, imo, as much(ish) as Ron to blame for the state of SUFC.

If the council wanted it that much they could agree a restructure very quickly. The sooner they have the flats etc built the quicker they get the council tax each month.

I wonder who votes these elitists nimbys in, they are as much to blame for the SBC and RBC being like they are , But i do like the idea put forward concerning Queensway , but the again i dont reside in Southend anymore, but have 3 brothers that do the 4th lives closer to london and the 5th in Australia, my sister lives in Germany.

My Sister lives near the Amex. A teacher, she is always there on courses/for seminars. They host all kinds of events, Wedding fairs etc.
Yes it’s the same at Colchester, some companies even use the spare offices upstairs as a base for their business. Essex Police use it for their speed awareness courses and as has been said above the Christmas parties, weddings and music events pull in a lot of income, especially if we play host to a summer gig from a well known big name performer and 16K plus turn up. The leisure park next door to the stadium starts to open up this summer which hopefully will attract a lot more people to the area, and give a boost to the club.

I wonder who votes these elitists nimbys in, they are as much to blame for the SBC and RBC being like they are , But i do like the idea put forward concerning Queensway , but the again i dont reside in Southend anymore, but have 3 brothers that do the 4th lives closer to london and the 5th in Australia, my sister lives in Germany.
In answer to the "who" is it that votes, well simply just about 25 - 30% of the registered electorate bothers to vote, and the majority of them vote either red or blue as they always have, there is always a small new base of 18plus first voters who might vote, but only IF they are on the roll.
The saying regards "getting what you deserve" has some truth in it with the huge, indifferent public who, literally, can't be bothered to vote.
IF SUFC fans, and their family, mates etc demanded to know the stance on SUFC issues from prospective councillors then there might be some improvement.
#hellfreezingover

Sorry to have traduced you, I got the wrong "Way" development. I'd still like the Kursaal (sod the wind) but I also like your plan too. It does make more sense than Fossett's Farm.

But whenever were SBC and "common sense" comfortable bedfellows?

Yes I know it can never happen because of the sort of people who either become councillors, work for them NIMBY's and those that want the club to fold to spite Ron.....Even though that would do him a favour as his 'pot of gold' is the housing not the stadium. You know the sort of ignorant idiots who target decent posters like BoyWonder.

If anyone really wanted to they could start the housing art FF after Easter and have all the people from Queensway housed at FF by Christmas. Demolish Qeensway by this time next year and start the stadium immediately.......Unfortunately that takes vision, decision and an attitude of can rather than cant.
Actually, the Queensway site (once the flats are gone) would probably have fewer NIMBYs to object to it than the Fossett's area anyway. I bet the businesses would welcome the increased footfall.

Perhaps if (very, very, very big "IF") a very wealthy purchaser bought the club very soon this could be explored. As you say with "vision" ("what's that?" SBC) it could happen quite quickly especially if someone brings enough money to the Council's table.

Back