• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New ground update?

Is that a genuine question?

Of course it matters. We are Southend united and play in the borough, ideally as close as possible to the city centre.

Why on earth would we play next to the A127 10 miles away. No transport links. No food or drink or pre match anything. That would be madness.
It might be classed as Rayleigh yes but as for the no transport links, food or drink what is there at new ground? The original project with the restaurants etc could fit there and any new roads could be built at the same time along with a train connection if wanted.

It's not going to happen either way just putting out another option instead of the constant 'it looks crap with flats' comments all the time.

I don't think so -i think this a new application rather than an amendment -so the old permission should remain valid for 3 years from date of approval - or forever if we start some of it
So I guess a new owner can proceed with the 21000 offering

The Frank Walton Stand Clock would look great on the new main stand, with the hands at 7.06, indicating on a 24 hour clock...... 1906

You are welcome whoever from the club may read this.
That’s if the south stand clock stands up to the battering it gets each time one of forwards has a shot at goal they usually manage to hit the clock or one of the corner flags 🙁

It might be classed as Rayleigh yes but as for the no transport links, food or drink what is there at new ground? The original project with the restaurants etc could fit there and any new roads could be built at the same time along with a train connection if wanted.

It's not going to happen either way just putting out another option instead of the constant 'it looks crap with flats' comments all the time.

There will be bars and a fan plaza at the fossetts.

It's only about another 5 mins walk from prittlewell station than it is to Roots Hall, so it's hardly out in the middle of nowhere.

There would have to be a multitude of fast food restaurants and off licenses to keep all the new residents fed and watered, wouldn’t there?… Or does everyone get everything delivered?

I'm not sure how much money the bars, cafes, food outlets, boxes, ballrooms, office spaces etc. will really bring in, apart from match day revenue. In the week it is just too far from Southend, and no one who doesn't have a particular reason to go there is going to cross that road. There is loads of free office space everywhere, the only advantage I can see of renting office space there would be if there were loads of car parking spaces.

The three sided ground sounds terrible, don't assume it will ever get built, Oxford are leaving the Kassam without the ground ever having been completed. I wonder if we may end up doing an Oxford actually, being at the new stadium for a few years before looking for another one elsewhere. Guess that depends on who ends up owning the stadium and who ends up owning the club.

For people who have a longer history than I at SUFC, I wondered what is 'the thing' that could be transferred or transported from RH to the new ground to root it in the history of SUFC? I think Spurs have the big cockerel on a ball, and Arsenal the clock. What can they do to avoid it being just another fairly soulless out of town stadium?
A gold plated court summons.

There would have to be a multitude of fast food restaurants and off licenses to keep all the new residents fed and watered, wouldn’t there?… Or does everyone get everything delivered?
It appears that delivery of everything is becoming more common and the estate is designed with this somewhat in mind with adequate car/bicycle access.

Not much mention of any commercial units in the housing development other than one cafe and one convenience store.

Whatever happened to leaving the house to get something eh?

Looks like food choice for fans will either be Fish House and drive/walk/bus to FF, or get something in the ground.

Last edited:
There will be bars and a fan plaza at the fossetts.

It's only about another 5 mins walk from prittlewell station than it is to Roots Hall, so it's hardly out in the middle of nowhere.
It's a 9 min walk from Prittlewell station to Roots Hall and I'd say 20-25 min walk to the new ground, not ideal but in terms of new stadiums its not that unusual.

Ideally we'd have all the industrial units near the graveyard opening up their large car parks and charging a fiver for it. That would earn them money on non working days and help out with the chaos I can see it being with parking issues. Any new stadiums I've been too (and some old) they do that sort of thing and everyone's a winner really. I'd imagine all of the existing residential roads will soon have no parking allowed signs up before/if the stadium opens.

I'm going to miss my 10 min walk to Roots Hall though, that'll be more like 40 min walk now. Not sure I can be arsed with the hassle of dealing with the parking situation at the new ground.

No one has talked about the fact that when all these houses are built and people move in , are there jobs for theses people ,yes some of them will already have work , but moving from london to here will they be content to travel back and forth each day, I would hope the sbc are thinking about this problem ,all very well wanting more housing but more jobs go hand in hand with that .

No one has talked about the fact that when all these houses are built and people move in , are there jobs for theses people ,yes some of them will already have work , but moving from london to here will they be content to travel back and forth each day, I would hope the sbc are thinking about this problem ,all very well wanting more housing but more jobs go hand in hand with that .
I don't think any of that is our problem, plus thousands of people commute every day so nothing new there. Plus a lot of people work from home now permanently meaning the can move further away from their office. I know many of my colleagues took it as a opportunity to move away from the silly house prices around here and move to Norfolk and Suffolk and get a lot more for their money without having to move jobs.

I'd imagine a fair few might be first time buyers either renting or living with parents. Not everyone moving to Southend will have sold up their house in London to move here

It's a 9 min walk from Prittlewell station to Roots Hall and I'd say 20-25 min walk to the new ground, not ideal but in terms of new stadiums its not that unusual.

Ideally we'd have all the industrial units near the graveyard opening up their large car parks and charging a fiver for it. That would earn them money on non working days and help out with the chaos I can see it being with parking issues. Any new stadiums I've been too (and some old) they do that sort of thing and everyone's a winner really. I'd imagine all of the existing residential roads will soon have no parking allowed signs up before/if the stadium opens.

I'm going to miss my 10 min walk to Roots Hall though, that'll be more like 40 min walk now. Not sure I can be arsed with the hassle of dealing with the parking situation at the new ground.
And how about walking from the airport train station to FF? There's a way through from near Warner's Bridge, no?

And how about walking from the airport train station to FF? There's a way through from near Warner's Bridge, no?
not at the moment because of the sewage farm, but there were plans to open up that side of town, but the traffic on the road that runs through rochford would mean traffic at a standsill which to be fair is the case around fossetts saturdays traffic is already crawling just think an hour to get from kent elms corner on match days by road depending of course on size of crowd

It's definitely not that far.

I literally live next to Prittlewell station roots hall is 10 mins and waitrose is about 15.

As for parking. Park anywhere near cluny square and it's a 5 or 10 minute walk.

Order Taxi to stadium Small Tick.jpg
Order food to be delivered to Fans Plaza from The Fish House Small Tick.jpg
After game Order Taxi from Stadium to Pub Small Tick.jpg

Back