• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

Wasn't this years kit designed or chosen by the fans..

With that in mind do we know the choice etc?

I know that the official kit launch press photos are being taken on Wednesday next week, but I am not sure when the information is being released.

I know that the official kit launch press photos are being taken on Wednesday next week, but I am not sure when the information is being released.
I got told mid July in a email from someone at the club

That doesn’t sound like cancelled to me. It sounds like people have focussed on the phrase ‘designed by the fans’ and thought that means 100% fan designed. Rhys has described the level of input that is possible and that fan ideas have been shared and are being used.

I’m not sure whether the original announcement was misleading (less likely) or whether the abbreviated version in discourse on here and elsewhere ever since has been misleading (much more likely).

That doesn’t sound like cancelled to me. It sounds like people have focussed on the phrase ‘designed by the fans’ and thought that means 100% fan designed. Rhys has described the level of input that is possible and that fan ideas have been shared and are being used.

I’m not sure whether the original announcement was misleading (less likely) or whether the abbreviated version in discourse on here and elsewhere ever since has been misleading (much more likely).

Potentially more due to Rhys throwing the word 'sublimation' around like it was a regular part of his patter before Nike dropped it on him.

"Oy! Oy! Alright fella, nice shirt. That's a base jersey with some bespoke elements on it if I'm not wrong!?"
"Yeah, cheers! All thanks to Nike's ability to add sublimation, son."

Don't know if this has already been picked up on but I find this interesting

The Southend United Club Shop will be open to purchase the 2019/20 home kit - please note we are waiting on confirmation from Just Sport Group in regards to the away kit being available for purchase due to added sublimation and we will keep you updated on availability

No where there does it mention Nike when it has in previous years, it just says JustSport. I think there's potential for our new kit to be Avec

Don't know if this has already been picked up on but I find this interesting

No where there does it mention Nike when it has in previous years, it just says JustSport. I think there's potential for our new kit to be Avec

Not if there is any accuracy at all in Rhys' quoted messages above...

All the new training kit is Nike. There is no way that the new kit won’t be.

Do we have an indefinite rolling contract with Nike, or will we ever be freed of the coma inducing monotony of the Nike teamwear range??

Am I missing a trick not wearing those tracksuit style bottoms with a baggy crotch that seemed to be be favoured by the type of people that hang around outside shops or who do wheelies on busy roads?

I can only imagine they are really comfortable because they look awful.
Stick with your Explosive Fibres and espadrilles Mad Cyril.

Do we have an indefinite rolling contract with Nike, or will we ever be freed of the coma inducing monotony of the Nike teamwear range??

I hate the Nike kits. So many other manufacturers that make better kids.

Back