• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New kits chat- 2021/22 edition.

What shirt colours do you prefer both Home and away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could it be Macron?
Looking at the gillingham kits for the last few years, and assuming Tom must have some kind or relationship with them

With the incentive of a free shirt for last year's season ticket holders as part of the sweetener, could the club be going down a cheaper production route? A left-field selection like Avec.

With the incentive of a free shirt for last year's season ticket holders as part of the sweetener, could the club be going down a cheaper production route? A left-field selection like Avec.
Mentioned Avec the other day and wouldn't be at all surprised.

Last edited:
Could be Macron or Avec, could be anyone if it isn’t HUmmel as seems the case. Not being Hummel is a shame as I liked the kit feel.

Wonder if we have to go cap in hand to Just Sport to get Avec or even Nike back. Hopefully we can go elsewhere as neither Avec or Nike would be inspiring i guess

Could it be Macron?
Looking at the gillingham kits for the last few years, and assuming Tom must have some kind or relationship with them
Macron make some cracking kits. Currently got my Sporting Lisbon shirt on today as it happens.

They always have a good fit and they do like the old style collars rather than round necks so that's always a plus. If we had to change supplier, I would prefer to see us in Macron

It was. But there is a very strong "rumour" that the deal is no longer in place and it's back to Nike next season unfortunately. Could be bull**** of course, let's hope it is.

After hearing what Tom had to say last night, it's looking more and more likely this isn't just a "rumour" unfortunately. If it ends up being the bargain basement Nike stuff again, that will be a huge disappointment.

I think we might be reading too much into Tom saying there will be more news next week, he wasn't in a position to give us any news so he didn't yet people are jumping to conclusions
Maybe they are but as we have (maybe had) a contract with Hummel he could have said yes when the question was asked if it was Hummel and he didnt. Not having a pop at the guy, personally hints he has started the job well, but it was a strange way to answer a simple question

Maybe they are but as we have (maybe had) a contract with Hummel he could have said yes when the question was asked if it was Hummel and he didnt. Not having a pop at the guy, personally hints he has started the job well, but it was a strange way to answer a simple question
Yes but that question about Hummel was a follow up to another question about the kit and he gave the same answer to both, I wouldn't be surprised if he was told to give that answer to all kit questions

Maybe we are concerned at the way Hummel is being run?
That would be ironic wouldn't it!

I'm not sure, I watched the Shrimpers Trust 3-weekly meeting last night and they asked if it was still with Hummel and Tom Lawrence further said 'more information next week', so possibly we have cut ties? Maybe not, all just speculation at the moment and if so I'm sure we'll find out why, and if not, hopefully it's another lovely kit,

Yes but that question about Hummel was a follow up to another question about the kit and he gave the same answer to both, I wouldn't be surprised if he was told to give that answer to all kit questions
Like I say maybe, I watched it too. The first question was if there is a new kit the second was is it still going to be with Hummel as it was a deal till 2023, i just found the same answer to both strange and as you say could be he was told to say that. Time will tell, as I have said before I was told in the shop it was Hummel, but now have dourts. Will wait till next week to find out.

Want to be clear I wasnt havng a pop at Tom in anyway just saying it was strange

After hearing what Tom had to say last night, it's looking more and more likely this isn't just a "rumour" unfortunately. If it ends up being the bargain basement Nike stuff again, that will be a huge disappointment.

I'm not even sure it'll be Nike mate.

I can't see us going back to Nike, that last kit was diabolical and I'm pretty sure the club would expect a vast amount of hatred aimed at them if they did.
Your right the list kit was awful, however some other clubs used it too, Pompey and Preston for 2 of the top of my head. It did look better on white, bit not by much for me

Back