• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season Wages and Youth Pulls

Hope it gets re-drawn, now got a Level V with 2 100k wage players...

Edit - Will be re-drawn tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Signed my trainee for the season for £50k. Wage says close to respectable even if the batting is close to competent (so hopefully both) so will dump him on 5 nets and he can be a long term replacement for Mario/Benji. Alas I missed out on a double competent who was very close to double respectable who amazingly only sold for £100k. I do however like the mediocre fiedling on this guy, seems to be the common consensus that fiedling is far more important now.

Neil Graves (3862194)
Neil is a steady RH Batsman, and an attacking LM Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,290
Wages: £714 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

1. The Flying Ferrets
2. Durrington Albion
3. Bowling Crofty
4. Batty Boys (BOT)
5. General Stars
6. BGS XI

My new FC league i've been promoted to!

Bot away, bot at home, easy one at home. I'm not going to be lucky 4 times (or 5 or 6)

New FC league looking ok for 4th or above. OD is looking like a 6 horse race with me 5 or 6 and 7 and 8th are well capable of having a big say in proceedings

Last edited:
The General said:
1. The Flying Ferrets
2. Durrington Albion
3. Bowling Crofty
4. Batty Boys (BOT)
5. General Stars
6. BGS XI

My new FC league i've been promoted to!
FF got relegated from my OD last season, think he's given up for a while, so you've effectively got 2 BOT's in there.

picked up first trainee today- cost a fair whack and the stamina is obviously a bit lower than you'd like, but the good start wage and being a destructive makes up for it for me- my younger bats are all steady/cautious.

14. Gregg Bryant - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,397, Wage=£946 shortcut
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

will go on 2 bat, 1 field for the moment.

Only got £420k for my YP. A worse Afghan YP went for over 1 million. Never mind.

one of the other teams in my OD league has gone bot today, which makes life a bit easier too. 2 bots in OD and 1 in FC.

loz said:
picked up first trainee today- cost a fair whack and the stamina is obviously a bit lower than you'd like, but the good start wage and being a destructive makes up for it for me- my younger bats are all steady/cautious.

14. Gregg Bryant - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,397, Wage=£946 shortcut
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

will go on 2 bat, 1 field for the moment.
Stick him on Stamina rather than Fielding (unless you want to build up his fielding). Cons improve quicker as the player ages, whereas Stamina stays the same.

If you're going with 2 primary nets you need the fielding or the secondary will never catch up.

If you're going with 2 primary nets you need the fielding or the secondary will never catch up.

yeah this is the issue. i've got a rotating stamina net and should be able to give him a level per season for the next 3 or year which will get him to at least respectable. don't want the primary to run away from the secondary in the meantime.

I generally train stamina as a 17year old and then switch it to fielding as an 18 year old.

You want to do the stamina early as when they're 20 and ready for your first team you'll still be training them which will hit their fitness levels.

I'm not keen on training stamina from feeble though. I'll only make that exception for an all-rounder. I prefer to have a base of at least competent. I'd prefer to take a player with lower primaries (who will be cheaper anyway) and better secondaries eg given the option between your guy and a competent stamina, competent batting, compotent concentration I'd take the latter every time.

I generally train stamina as a 17year old and then switch it to fielding as an 18 year old.

You want to do the stamina early as when they're 20 and ready for your first team you'll still be training them which will hit their fitness levels.

I'm not keen on training stamina from feeble though. I'll only make that exception for an all-rounder. I prefer to have a base of at least competent. I'd prefer to take a player with lower primaries (who will be cheaper anyway) and better secondaries eg given the option between your guy and a competent stamina, competent batting, compotent concentration I'd take the latter every time.

sorry :whistling:

the logic behind it from my position is that i found myself at a point with a solid base of a lot of players around wonderful/exceptional, but was struggling against teams with a couple of star players who'd sometimes blow me away. so last couple of seasons i've been doing a lot of double-netting, bringing few fewer trainees but with a higher finishing level while continuing to single net the older guys. starting to bear fruit now with the likes of Hamilton, who's a sensational bat having just turned 21.

sorry :whistling:

the logic behind it from my position is that i found myself at a point with a solid base of a lot of players around wonderful/exceptional, but was struggling against teams with a couple of star players who'd sometimes blow me away. so last couple of seasons i've been doing a lot of double-netting, bringing few fewer trainees but with a higher finishing level while continuing to single net the older guys. starting to bear fruit now with the likes of Hamilton, who's a sensational bat having just turned 21.

You don't have to apologise!

FWIW, I think the best way to develop superstars is to buy them at about 19/20 and then train them up the rest. I haven't bought anyone for ages so this may or may not be the way to go. But if anyone wants to buy an aged player I've got plenty of them!

About as low respectable as you can get. I'm tempted to train though as he can be a future captain.

Bill Piton - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,332, Wage=£739
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Damian Prinsloo (3879310)Damian is a cautious RH Batsman, and a steady RFM Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 5,105
Wages: £660 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Listed - someone might see some value in him

Shaun Lucketti - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,833, Wage=£758
A cautious LH batsman and a steady LM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and changeable fitness.

Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

He goes on a bowl, stamina and fielding net.

Ciaran Wylde - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,768, Wage=£601
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RF bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has mediocre batting form, respectable bowling form and changeable fitness.

Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre

Last week's YP has a bowling and fielding net.

Rick Liddlelow - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,366, Wage=£1,988
A defensive RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, competent bowling form and changeable fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

He's on a bat, fielding and stamina net. When he hits superb stamina, his net will go to Wylde.

Back