• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Season YPs

Museshrimper said:
You're effectively getting a wonderful player for free now, YB. Not bad at all! Is yours the best going?
Sky Blues had a good one

Eamonn Johal (2432286)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Sky Blues
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 10,225
Wages: £1,299 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Only at 4.3m at the moment.......

You're effectively getting a wonderful player for free now, YB. Not bad at all! Is yours the best going?

My main concern is getting the wages to pay for any new signing.

Just had a look and he is the only 17yo proficient batsman.

There is one 17yo proficient bowler - but he has respectable WK and only feeble consistency. He could have been a killer.

1. Roy Spyrou £1,530,000 (Gun Show)
Plays for: Death Squad Stamina: respectable W/Keeping: respectable
Age: 17 years old Batting: woeful Concentration: worthless
BT Rating: 9,576 Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Deadline: 12/02/2009 12:05 Fielding: worthless

YB's YP now up to 8.16m with 12 hours still to go. That's an absolutely ridiculous price. As Muse said earlier, you could by a Wonderful for that (probably with something like Strong bowling to go with it). Crazy :O

Edit - Now up to 10.2m, that's a Sensational in the bank now.

Last edited:
Just when I thought I was catching him up he goes and gets this! What a truly ridiculous price. It will take 4 seasons on 6 nets just to recoup the outlay and you can probably get something similar in three weeks for a fraction of the price.

MrB said:
Just when I thought I was catching him up he goes and gets this! What a truly ridiculous price. It will take 4 seasons on 6 nets just to recoup the outlay and you can probably get something similar in three weeks for a fraction of the price.
Agreed, an absolutely mental price. It just doesn't make any sense. If you want to improve your team, you go and buy a Sensational/Exquisite. He's not going to make it as an A/R for the U19's as his bowling's too low, so effectively the guy's paid £11m for an U19 batting trainee, when as you say he could probably go out in the next 2 weeks, and buy a Respectable +9 or +10 for about 1.5m.

I can just imagine YB's face as the bids kept rolling in. Jammy git. :thump: Jealous ? Me ? You bet I bloody am !

I'm going to report it as an unrealistic transfer and hopefully get YB's team deleted for cheating.

I think we should vote YB as England manager in the elections with luck like that.

No sign of YB this morning, he's probably deliberating over what to spend his £11m windfall on :)

:)

Agreed, an absolutely mental price. It just doesn't make any sense. If you want to improve your team, you go and buy a Sensational/Exquisite. He's not going to make it as an A/R for the U19's as his bowling's too low, so effectively the guy's paid £11m for an U19 batting trainee, when as you say he could probably go out in the next 2 weeks, and buy a Respectable +9 or +10 for about 1.5m.

I can just imagine YB's face as the bids kept rolling in. Jammy git. :thump: Jealous ? Me ? You bet I bloody am !

It was a bit of an anti-climax in the end, when there was no last minute flurry of bids.

I think we should vote YB as England manager in the elections with luck like that.

Is anyone standing?

Nobody from here is. The biggest name is Jon_Boy of AFC Wimbledon, from what I've seen.

Anyone from here ever standing would have a good chance with the 10 or so from SZ.

Who on the market you lining up with the 11m YB?

Would never stand (not that I think I'd ever be elected!). Seems like too much hassle to me.

Nobody from here is. The biggest name is Jon_Boy of AFC Wimbledon, from what I've seen.

Anyone from here ever standing would have a good chance with the 10 or so from SZ.

Who on the market you lining up with the 11m YB?

My ideal player would probably be a masterful bowler with miraculous consistency and superb stamina, or maybe an exquisite with phenomenal consistency. I considered Barrowdale, but he's a little too old for my liking. The important thing is to get a wage that is manageable.

I'm prepared to bide my time, because I suspect more top end players will come on the market as their salary rises bite.

I will vote for myself then. Jon Boy will undoubtedly win if he's standing so I urge you all to vote for me just for the sake of it!

Have voted for you.

I see Bovis is also standing, so it isn't necessarily Jon Boy's for the taking.

D
Seymour Oupanyana (2432318)
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Crabbys Catchers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,520
Wages: £1,496 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: worthless

Just sold for £1M

Was quite pleased, although rather insignificant compared to YBs 11M

MrB - another vote for you

Back