• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing later

McNasty

Today's Echo says that we are expecting to sign Stevie Hammell , a left-back from Motherwell, in time for him to join the rest of the squad prior to flying to Bermuda.
He is a 24 year-old arriving on a free transfer , having represented Scotland at all levels including a senior appearance as a sub against Sweden in 2004.

Never heard of him but another international can't be a bad thing , also a bit of competition a left back is a definate plus.

Fantastic - I think we need a new left back anyway and a player who is a full International all be it for a pub team like Scotland cant be a bad thing.

Sounds like another good signing.

DtS

if true, then he really is signing a team in order of position!!!

hopefully he will sign the strikers in time for the start of the season.

no opnion on hammell, but if tilly wants him good enough for me.

Looks like he is defo laeving Motherwell....Cant be bad if you have Aberdeen and Motherwell both after you.

Motherwell

Had him on Champ Man once and he did a good job for me.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 27 2006,09:53)]Looks like he is defo laeving Motherwell....Cant be bad if you have Aberdeen and Motherwell both after you.

Motherwell

laugh.gif
Yeah same here... good left back on there... Good signing if we get him.

Sounds good to me - it's a position we desperately need cover/competition for. Just need some strikers now
smile.gif

He really is a very talented player, as I understand it there's been a bit of a scramble for his services north of the border along with a couple of Championship clubs also. The defence HAS to be solid next season and with this (expected) signing along with the excellent capture of Simon Francis we're looking a solid unit. Another benefit is the fact Hammell is left-footed which will give the side more balance.

Hats off again Tilly!!
biggrin.gif

Lets hope he signs a contract! Must be a decent player if teams like Southampton and Derby are after him!

Sounds like a cracking signing if we get him, hope we can get it tied up before he chats to the other clubs. Get Teddy and Agogo in and we'll be playing premier league football in 2007-08!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 27 2006,09:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 27 2006,09:53)]

laugh.gif
Yeah same here... good left back on there... Good signing if we get him.
Perhaps the Trust should buy Tilly a copy so the club can cut down on the time-wasting and travel costs normally associated with scouting?

He hasnt actually committed yet, and with clubs like Wednesday, Derby and the Saints rumoured to be chasing him, it's by no means a done deal...

rock.gif

Looks a good signing to me!

Been trawling the web, and not so long back he was a target for Celtic!

Maurice Malpas has done all he can to keep him at Motherwell.

Looks like he's very highly rated!

Could be a huge transfer coup if he does actuaully sign!

I wonder what wages he will command?

For us to get him over Aberdeen will be a major plus for SUFC.

OK, that's 3 players signed on, now only 6 to go.

I'm a bit dubious that he hasn't signed a contract with Southampton and Aberdeen after him, but i think this announcement is more to denounce the echo's story...
then again, i don't think Tilly would've said anything if he wasn't confident of capturing him.

Awesome signing if it comes off, and definitely one to sure the defence up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ June 27 2006,10:11)]He hasnt actually committed yet, and with clubs like Wednesday, Derby and the Saints rumoured to be chasing him, it's by no means a done deal...

rock.gif
Agreed but I can only assume we are confident of getting him as if not we have alerted all our competitors to the fact we plan to snag him.

DtS
Oo.gif

Back