• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing later

I can only assume that if we get him he has come in with the promise of first team football as I would have thought that any of Coventry, Derby or Southampton would be able to offer more in terms of potential and finances.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 27 2006,17:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ June 27 2006,17:11)]I'm a bit concerned that we're being used to get him a better deal with someone else, to be honest. With so many clubs supposedly interested in him it seems odd that we'd be the ones to break the silence and publically admit to an interest. Very unlike the way that Tilly usually does business.
Yep. Last time we did that was with Scott McGleish, who promptly buggered off to join a Scottish manager (Calderwood) at Northampton.

What's the betting we'll see that happen again this season with another Scottish manager (Burley) at Southampton?

rock.gif

Until I see the gurning photo avec pen and paper, then this one is definitely up in the air so far as I'm concerned...

suspect.gif
But why would Tilly comment on it and why would the OS run the story? Either we're very confident of getting him or the real target is another player with the same agent (we'll get Hammell a better contract at Aberdeen and in exchange we get player B).

Or maybe I've been watching too much X-Files...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ June 27 2006,16:53)]he said :i am back from holiday wednesday and i expect to make an annoucment then:  teamtalk.com
The teamtalk quote says:

Hammell set to announce decision

Motherwell's Steven Hammell is set to announce his next move when he returns from holiday next week, <span style='color:blue'>with Pittodrie the expected destination.</span>

The full-back has told manager Maurice Malpas that he does not see his future at the Fir Park outfit and has been tracked by SPL rivals Aberdeen as well as several clubs in England.

He said: "I am back from holiday on Wednesday and I expect to make an announcement then."

= = = =

So, let's not get excited quite yet, hmm...?

rock.gif

I still think Tilly has got his man - He seems confident in everything I have seen. He says on the site he expects him to come in later this week. I wonder if he is back from holiday tomorrow not next Wednesday.

That said I was sure Rhys Evans was coming here.

Not wanting to count chickens but that does give us two good full backs for next season if you believe all you read.  
oops.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 27 2006,17:28)]Not wanting to count chickens but that does give us two good full backs for next season if you believe all you read.  
oops.gif
laugh.gif
It would give us two GREAT full-backs for next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 27 2006,17:28)]I still think Tilly has got his man - He seems confident in everything I have seen. He says on the site he expects him to come in later this week. I wonder if he is back from holiday tomorrow not next Wednesday.
I heard a rumour that Mark Rawle will be driving him.

It seems a bit odd that the quote on teamtalk says that he is on holiday, yet the OS board says that he was in talks with us today&#33; Perhaps he is on holiday in Southend&#33;&#33;&#33; If that is all he can afford on his Motherwell wage, I am damn sure we can beat it

When I saw the piece this morning , before I posted the info on here, I did wonder if the Echo had been a bit premature in reporting it as Tilly never reveals his target up-front. I hope the club haven&#39;t been forced to reveal their hand by the article in today&#39;s paper.

He cant be on holiday, in the sms i received this morning it said he was actualy at Roots Hall for talks.

Also says on t&#39;offical site earlier that he&#39;d been to RH this morning and talked to Tilly/Brush about it.

It sounds like we&#39;ll be finding out tomorrow. Its pretty obvious the Echo have (somehow) found out about it as we never normally reveal things like this (quite rightly IMO) and wont help the current &quot;situation&quot; ...

Kev

Anyone else find that the picture accompanying the story on the main page of the OS now has one of the ladies squad&#39;s faces over it?

Either that or he&#39;s a very funny looking chap indeed...

Seems to me that something funny is going on but I&#39;ve not really worked out what just yet.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 27 2006,18:51)]Also says on t&#39;offical site earlier that he&#39;d been to RH this morning and talked to Tilly/Brush about it.

It sounds like we&#39;ll be finding out tomorrow. Its pretty obvious the Echo have (somehow) found out about it as we never normally reveal things like this (quite rightly IMO) and wont help the current &quot;situation&quot; ...

Kev
The Echo have direct quotes from Tilly though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 27 2006,19:12)]Quotes can be manipulated in the press ...
The point is that we can't rush in and blame the Echo at this stage for breaking the story when the club have given them direct quotes.

This is exactly what happened when we signed Collis though - we were told that we were in negotiations before it was confirmed that we had signed him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ June 28 2006,00:04)]This is exactly what happened when we signed Collis though - we were told that we were in negotiations before it was confirmed that we had signed him.
Very true.

Back