• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues in for two strikers and two midfielders

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has revealed the Shrimpers are keen to sign two midfielders and two strikers.

More...

I can see 4 championship players wanting to sign for a struggling L1 team :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Totally agree. These are going to fringe players or out of favour ones at best. No way would we be able to pay players at that level especially 4 of them even with negotiation of wages with loans.

No defenders then! :facepalm:

Exactly. We can sign anyone you want up front but if we remain immobile and incapable in defence, we’ll never get far enough out of own box (with or without the ball) to utilise the abilities of those forwards.

Exactly. We can sign anyone you want up front but if we remain immobile and incapable in defence, we’ll never get far enough out of own box (with or without the ball) to utilise the abilities of those forwards.

Yep, I'd rather we bolted the back door first!

I'm not a fan of Ron by any means but what would you rather have him aspire to? I applaud the efforts to strengthen the squad. Can we please check the medical history of any new signings though :smile:

And maybe a quick DBS check?

What I find remarkable about this news is that it refers to a meeting yesterday, Wednesday. What in heavens name is going on? Why was Ron not in an emergency meeting with PB on Saturday night or on Sunday? ( One reason, probably, was that Phil had a BBC radio job on Sunday afternoon as a co-commentator on Shrews in FA cup). Of course, we will never know what happened between Saturday pm and Wednesday but it does all sound so complacent. A lack of professionalism is a charge which I have heard mentioned about life at the Hall. This sort of management does nothing to lessen the unease currently affecting Blues fans. When I take my seat on Saturday what chance of a new face in the line-up to brighten things up. Very slim methinks.

I have to say, Ron may not be perfect but i do admire his management style. He doesn't go round sacking managers headless-chicken style, rather works with them to try and turn things around. And this will be noted by future potential managers if and when PB does finally leave.

We should sign Nortei Nortey from Dover, just for a laugh! :smile:

The four players will have a combined age of 130...

Mere babes

" Young dreams, should be dreams together"
and Young hearts shouldnt be afraid "

Sorry just felt the need to cheer myself up with a burst of the old Xmas songster himself

Other clubs seem to quietly get on with signing new players whereas we always seem to make a meal of it with meaningless pre-announcements of intentions, waiting for the phone call etc. Just do it Ron, then tell us about it when it's done. This should all have been teed up ages ago anyway.

Other clubs seem to quietly get on with signing new players whereas we always seem to make a meal of it with meaningless pre-announcements of intentions, waiting for the phone call etc. Just do it Ron, then tell us about it when it's done. This should all have been teed up ages ago anyway.

Yep agreed, Sheff UTD went quietly about taking Leonard over a 6 month period...

Back