• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I take it the plans are with the council for approval .It may take a while if there is a local elections Thursday as in many areas .Could be wrong but I thought it may have to wait until after then .
All validated planning applications are listed on the planning portal on a weekly basis they won't stop doing that for local elections. Plus I think Southend local elections are on the 25th May?
Just checked and there is only a local by-election in Shoebury on 25th May no other areas in Southend this year.

All validated planning applications are listed on the planning portal on a weekly basis they won't stop doing that for local elections. Plus I think Southend local elections are on the 25th May?
Just checked and there is only a local by-election in Shoebury on 25th May no other areas in Southend this year.

Which is good news, as local political shifts in power cause absolute mayhem with live planning applications - particularly those which carry a degree of regional significance and/or controversy. They are quite often used as a campaigning tool in the run up to elections - something we really don't need now.

Can somebody please promise me that when it is built it won't just look like a big rounded block of flats with a football ground hidden in the middle somewhere, because that last artists impression has left me very underwhelmed. I can see our new ground being nicknamed 'Nelson Mandela House' for years to come..

Can somebody please promise me that when it is built it won't just look like a big rounded block of flats with a football ground hidden in the middle somewhere, because that last artists impression has left me very underwhelmed. I can see our new ground being nicknamed 'Nelson Mandela House' for years to come..
That is exactly how I thought it looked. Those flats although they rise in the corners at their lowest points they seem to encircle the whole ground. I really hope I'm wrong at is just a deceptive artists impression.

And I thought that dinosaurs were wiped out millions of years ago; it would seem that they still exist!!

Were you planning on watching the game from inside or outside?

I want a great football experience, whilst it would be nice for it to look amazing outside I really dont care what it looks like as long as when Im in the ground I have a good seat, good view and good facilities.

Im more concerned about whether it will have 3 or 4 sides. I'd happily have the entire outside made up of flats if it meant we get a fully complete stadium.

I want a great football experience, whilst it would be nice for it to look amazing outside I really dont care what it looks like as long as when Im in the ground I have a good seat, good view and good facilities.

Im more concerned about whether it will have 3 or 4 sides. I'd happily have the entire outside made up of flats if it meant we get a fully complete stadium.

The Morecambe stadium looks half decent from the outside.

Inside It looks like a small child has played Lego with breeze blocks

This is an excellent article about new stadia and how they are detrimental to the fan experience (particularly new fans) by taking them further away from the action (largely because of corporate boxes).

Honestly, aesthetics should be the least of our concerns. You can critique the architect's CGIs all you like (positive or otherwise), but by the time a contractor gets their hands on this scheme, certain elements will be 'value engineered' (in lamens terms - cut out in favour of rock-bottom price options).
The absolute priority for Southend United is to be able to position ourselves so we can compete financially and sustain Championship football - we can only do this if we have the diverse revenue streams created by a new, modern space.
Clubs at the top level have even sacrificed aesthetics to stay competitive - look at Watford and Chelsea of prime examples where at least half of the stadium is clad in residential.

Well yes I want to comfy seats and good view etc but I'd also quite like to walk up to the ground feeling proud its our home. The better designed modern stadiums have their own identity you instantly associate with the club concerned. Bolton, Brighton, Hull etc. I just don't want us to be associated with a block of flats.

But hey ho, it is what it is. we can't stay at RH much longer thats for sure. Just wish the new place looked a bit nicer than it does in the latest artist impression thats all.

At least they are going to build the flats on the outside of the stand this time. We built them in the ground on the South bank last time.

Still no sign of the plans at Southend Council website despite the weekly list for the week just gone being published.

Still no sign of the plans at Southend Council website despite the weekly list for the week just gone being published.

it appears that sometimes there is a delay between application and validation .

The weekly list seems to be showing those validated since Friday 28th

I reckon it may well be a couple of weeks before its validated and the appears on the site

it appears that sometimes there is a delay between application and validation .

The weekly list seems to be showing those validated since Friday 28th

I reckon it may well be a couple of weeks before its validated and the appears on the site

Assuming they've actually been submitted.:whistling:

Personally love the look of the stadium. I think it has a castle or fortress look about it. I wouldn't be too keen on flats over looking the ground on a match day but if they only view outward then great. At the end of the day roots hall Is crumbling a slow death. She has served us well but it's time to move on.

I know we're waiting for the planning application to Southend Council to be validated, but was there supposed to be one going into a Rochford Council as well. I can't seem to see one.

I know we're waiting for the planning application to Southend Council to be validated, but was there supposed to be one going into a Rochford Council as well. I can't seem to see one.

Good question, just did some digging and you can find some updated documents on the application from 2006. It looks like a decision was made on March 24 2017 to extend the planning permission granted in 2006. So it would seem that the Rochford plans already have permission. I have to admit this had completely slipped under my radar.

Application number is 11/00224/TIME

Thanks Jai

Have checked that reference No. 11/00224/TIME and it would appear that Rochford District Council gave the original planning permission for the creation of Three Training Pitches, One All Weather Floodlit Training Pitch (8 x 12m Columns) A Flood Attenuation Pond and Surface Car Park of 454 Spaces 34 x 8m Columns car park and 3 training pitches and one floodlite pitch.

There are loads and loads of interesting documents, plans, and info on there which make very interesting reading.

Link to Ref No. 11/00224/TIME
http://maps.rochford.gov.uk/DevelopmentControl.aspx?requesttype=parsetemplate&template=DevelopmentControlApplication.tmplt&basepage=DevelopmentControl.aspx&Filter=^REFVAL^=%2711/00224/TIME%27

According to the timeline there.

Original permission grated: 06/07/2011
Permission Expiry Date: 06/07/2014
Discharge of Conditions: 03/07/2014
Decision: 24/03/2017

s8sBoX.png

d0y79G.png

wusXZe.png

Back