• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New striker

onceknownasrab

President
I know we have just had one of those lamentable scenarios from the club, we hope to sign, he wont sign, a championship striker blah blah, but is that the issue at hand. Looking at the game last night we had plenty of opportunity but could not convert. Hardly a new situation. Would it not be true that we could have done with a fit striker, almost any striker. Does he have to be from a higher league? Would not an able bodied guy from lg1 or 2 be an improvement? Surely it only needs to be for as long as the injuries are so severe. I wonder, if only things were so predictable, the cost of losing three points last night. A win and a few more bums on seats for a few more games whilst the lingering hope of a late surge to play-offs is still there? Might have paid for a loan striker. I cant see too many fairweather supporters pinning too much faith in us now.

Of course we could have done with another fit striker.

But he still wouldn't have helped "our bald defender" put his header inside the post rather than hitting it, or have seen "one of midfielders/strikers" bury their unmarked volley in the back of the net rather than send it moon-bound over the North Bank or even have helped Betsy put his shot under the crossbar from three feet away.

On another night we could have scored all three.

And it was Christophe who missed the volley, wasn't it?

Maybe a fully fit striker would have buried the chances, but the majority of the chances you mentioned fell to players that weren't playing upfront.

To be honest though, it was only one game without a fully fit strike force, come Saturday Barnard will be back from suspension, we still have Theo and Laurent got through about an hour last night so we will have 3 forwards to choose from.

I know we have just had one of those lamentable scenarios from the club, we hope to sign, he wont sign, a championship striker blah blah, but is that the issue at hand. Looking at the game last night we had plenty of opportunity but could not convert. Hardly a new situation. Would it not be true that we could have done with a fit striker, almost any striker. Does he have to be from a higher league? Would not an able bodied guy from lg1 or 2 be an improvement? Surely it only needs to be for as long as the injuries are so severe. I wonder, if only things were so predictable, the cost of losing three points last night. A win and a few more bums on seats for a few more games whilst the lingering hope of a late surge to play-offs is still there? Might have paid for a loan striker. I cant see too many fairweather supporters pinning too much faith in us now.

Would we really want to loan a player not good enough for a league two side to cover one game ?

I doubt theres anyone worthwhile in League One either...

Back