• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Years Resolutions

Pubey

So what are they? Mine is definitely to put more extra effort in at work, which is probably coupled with my aim to break the addiction of SZ, and aim for quality not quantity.

Never start mine in January usually, however, I have to get my situation in order, and that starts from today. The other one, the lessening of the intake of the demon drink, will start in February as usual - crap time of year to have a birthday so no point depriving yourself of the enjoyment surrounding it!

The usual eat healthy and exercise, tho will stick to it this time around. Had a little scare at the docs a month ago.

Also refusing to touch KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, Chocolate and fizzy drink in 2010.

Finally as I don't currently rely on my income from the brush I plan to save it all rather than spend it on toot. So hoping to purchase a nice Tag Heuer Monaco in Jan 2011. :)

The usual eat healthy and exercise, tho will stick to it this time around. Had a little scare at the docs a month ago.

Also refusing to touch KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, Chocolate and fizzy drink in 2010.

Finally as I don't currently rely on my income from the brush I plan to save it all rather than spend it on toot. So hoping to purchase a nice Tag Heuer Monaco in Jan 2011. :)

Nice choice of watch there my friend. I have a Tag Heuer F1 from 2008 with an orange face.

Mine are pretty much the same as above avoid fatty foods, get myself really fit and hopefully get back into my running and compete in some marathons.

And be a little better with my money, the Z4 goes in the next couple of weeks so probably a good resolution would be to keep my new car for more than a year.

Are you happy to go second hand? If so, let me know, and I'm sure i can sort you out. Tag's devalue like alfa romeo's, so you should be able to find a bargain (although Monaco is the only model to hold up any kind of value).

Nice choice of watch there my friend. I have a Tag Heuer F1 from 2008 with an orange face.

Mine are pretty much the same as above avoid fatty foods, get myself really fit and hopefully get back into my running and compete in some marathons.

And be a little better with my money, the Z4 goes in the next couple of weeks so probably a good resolution would be to keep my new car for more than a year.

You can be excused getting shot of a BMW, they are USUALLY driven by winkers! What you going for a Zafira or something similar!!

My resolution is to get fit, lose weight & play a few games of cricket in the summer & to be fit enough to play football for the 2010/11 season. Not an easy task, but its something I want to do, especially as there will be a little bet with Vange Shrimper on this happening!

You can be excused getting shot of a BMW, they are USUALLY driven by winkers! What you going for a Zafira or something similar!!

A all exciting super sporty, mind blowing 5 door Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. :) Family car, want bricks and water rather than a flash motor.

A all exciting super sporty, mind blowing 5 door Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec. :) Family car, want bricks and water rather than a flash motor.

Good choice, but get the 2.0 diesel. The 1.6 is under powered, but diesels are excellent & more economical, which is another consideration when saving!!

I know diesel's are good but the problem is my budget is tight and I don't want to move from it. I will try and get a diesel but the 1.6 Zetec is well within my budget.

I know diesel's are good but the problem is my budget is tight and I don't want to move from it. I will try and get a diesel but the 1.6 Zetec is well within my budget.

There is always a premium for a diesel. I will be gutted to lose Audi 2.0TDI, but if it means I get a new job, it can FRO tomorrow!

Are you happy to go second hand? If so, let me know, and I'm sure i can sort you out. Tag's devalue like alfa romeo's, so you should be able to find a bargain (although Monaco is the only model to hold up any kind of value).

Yep, happy to go 2nd hand. As long as it has all of its papers. People tend to take care of expensive watches.

Ok. Second hand value is usually around 13 - 1400, depending on condition and that is assuming full papers etc. If a limited edition (i.e. Gulf) it will go up, anywhere towards £2k I'd say.

Having said that, it is always worth keeping an eye open at Goldsmiths. They tend to reduce Omega's, TAgs and other fashion watches, and you might well get one for approx £1500 new, which would be preferable. They also offer interest free credit, so you could indulge sooner than expected :)

Finally there is a Tag Heuer outlet shop at Bicester Village. I usually only go in there to buy Zenith watches, as tags suprisingly don't have a resale market, however knowing how much they reduce the Zeniths, I'm sure you'd get a deal in there.

My wife says that I'm a cantank...cantanc....cantankar....bad-tempered old sod who spits poison and bile at anything he doesn't like, so I'm going to try and be nicer. Less ranting about Pop Idol, New Labour and Jordan.

It's risky. If I keep stuff like that bottled up, I could give myself an ulcer.

start swimming again, do what the physio tells me, put some weight on and pass my finals!

My wife says that I'm a cantank...cantanc....cantankar....bad-tempered old sod who spits poison and bile at anything he doesn't like, so I'm going to try and be nicer. Less ranting about Pop Idol, New Labour and Jordan.

It's risky. If I keep stuff like that bottled up, I could give myself an ulcer.

Keep the ranting about all those things, but add different subject matters, so its not so obvious that you are ranting! Vary the rants & be more subtle about them& you may get away with it!!

Back