• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next 3 games

Speaking as someone who tries to cast a critical eye over performances, I must say that I hope MM and his staff are looking at things in a more positive way than some of the posters on here!
For heavens sake we have produced virtually play-off form in the second quarter of the season; 18 points in 12 games relates to a non too shabby 69 points in a season. And contrast that with our pickings from the 11 games preceding this run.....2 points.
Even in our defeat on Tuesday we played like a mid-table side (at worst), and a mid-table side would normally get 30 points in half a season.
That would give us a 50 point total for the season (sound familiar?) - it is the total we survived with 2 years ago in League 1. However then it was 4 teams down, it is only 2 down from League 2.
No doubt there will be bumps along the way, but around 20th is where I expect us to finish.
Its not about our form.As u say our form is good.The moans and negativity is mainley regarding mm starting team against cambridge and if acquah starts more games it will continue and rightly so.

Seems like shrimper zone is as split as my head with our upcoming fixtures. We have won games recently when I was fully expecting a loss. I’m impressed with our recent form overall and we are greatly improved from earlier in the season and it gives you renewed optimism but I really think we do need a minimum of 4 points in the next three fixtures to stay in touch but it is still well within our own hands and I think if we can get out of the relegation zone we will improve even more.

Won't get anything this afternoon - Mansfield are on their way up, have an expensive squad and now have a manager who is taking them places. Expect to see them in the playoffs at least. Bradford have shaken up their squad a lot in January. We have stood still as always. Then in February we have some of the better sides. Will be a very tough ask.

Reckon so.

As you correctly point out we are having our run of winnable matches.

They’re running out fast just like they did on Sol.

We need a goalscorer to keep us up.

We’re not going to find one of those.

Sadly I think you’re right now. Brown and Bond ballsed it up.

Won't get anything this afternoon - Mansfield are on their way up, have an expensive squad and now have a manager who is taking them places. Expect to see them in the playoffs at least. Bradford have shaken up their squad a lot in January. We have stood still as always. Then in February we have some of the better sides. Will be a very tough ask.

If anything, we've gone backwards, not stood still!!

Looking at the fixture list it was always going to be a big month for us and our survival changes, I’m pleased our form has turned the corner, however with the next 3 games in Mansfield, Bradford and Port Vale I can’t but help think we need a minimum of 4 points out these games to keep in touch and still give ourselves a chance to survive.

The worry is and as shown in last nights game we need to start being more clinical in front of goal as we are creating a lot more chances in a game but our conversion rate is very low.

I would be interested to see others people’s opinions and thoughts on the next 3 games and if you feel the same in that these next 3 games could really prove crucial for our future.
It’s our transfer window which will define our season, not this run of games. If we had strengthened then we would have got points from the Cambridge and Mansfield games. We’ve failed to strengthen and we’re now paying the price in lost momentum. In fact we’re starting to go backwards again.

We’re not going to find one of those.

Sadly I think you’re right now. Brown and Bond ballsed it up.

The embargo was the killer but the nonsensical tactics for the first few months caused us to go into intensive care.

He still hasn’t got a clue how to win games in this division and sadly he probably doesn’t have the players even if he did.

Best manager we’ve had since SCP was Waddock.

It’s our transfer window which will define our season, not this run of games. If we had strengthened then we would have got points from the Cambridge and Mansfield games. We’ve failed to strengthen and we’re now paying the price in lost momentum. In fact we’re starting to go backwards again.
That's rubbish tho isnt it? We have strengthened quite a bit already compared to where we were at the beginning of the season.
Akinola
Walsh
Halford
ANG
Reeco
Macca
Kyle Taylor
Had olyinka
Heart
Thats 9 additions and they are the reason we arent cut adrift anymore and still have a very good chance of staying up! But of course there is room for new signings and they would be welcomed before Tuesday lol

That's rubbish tho isnt it? We have strengthened quite a bit already compared to where we were at the beginning of the season.
Akinola
Walsh
Halford
ANG
Reeco
Macca
Kyle Taylor
Had olyinka
Heart
Thats 9 additions and they are the reason we arent cut adrift anymore and still have a very good chance of staying up! But of course there is room for new signings and they would be welcomed before Tuesday lol
Dont worry steve richard Taylor will be leading the line Tuesday.

Ok,But we have also been on a very good run and all because we got beat by the wind last night doesent mean to say we cant beat Mansfield! I think we are better then mansfield that's my opinion.
What’s your opinion on Mansfield now Shrimpet, still think they are no great shakes

Akinola
Walsh
Halford
ANG
Reeco
Macca
Kyle Taylor
Had olyinka
Heart

Of those Akinola and Hart have only been available since Early December.

Walsh is nowhere to be seen.

Halford isn't a starter

Olayinka is injured and likely won't return.

Macca can't play regular high minutes every game.

We need a ST and a CM badly.

Of course we have. But do you not think that that says more about just how bad the squad was at the start of the season than it does about where it is now?

Awful player!!
Taylor is definitely inexperienced and raw BUT preferable to aquah up front for me and also preferable to halford at right back or up front too for me, to avoid disruption to our better formation using a back 4. Using him may keep the players available playing in their best positions

Best side this season = Mansfield.

Cheltenham = solid too

Orient and Cambridge had a couple of stand-out players.

The rest of our opponents have ranked anywhere between mediocre and dross

Back