• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next 3 games

Best side this season = Mansfield.

Cheltenham = solid too

Orient and Cambridge had a couple of stand-out players.

The rest of our opponents have ranked anywhere between mediocre and dross

Therefore we’ve ranked worse than mediocre and dross.

Some project.

Port Vale game for me now really is a must Win game! We do seem to be going backwards again. Yes injuries haven’t helped but we can’t keep using this as an excuse, need to see another uplift in results and performance.

Port Vale game for me now really is a must Win game! We do seem to be going backwards again. Yes injuries haven’t helped but we can’t keep using this as an excuse, need to see another uplift in results and performance.
No chance!!

Request to the mods - if someone sets up another chat called the "Next x games" can you close it down please? I blame this thread for our last 3 defeats!!!

Points needed from Port Vale and Walsall. The games after that through February see us face 4 of the current top 7...

Squeaky bum time. We could be in serious trouble by the end of February unless fortunes turn very quickly.

Points needed from Port Vale and Walsall. The games after that through February see us face 4 of the current top 7...
Squeaky bum time. We could be in serious trouble by the end of February unless fortunes turn very quickly.

IMO we're already in serious trouble, & need at least 2 more mini revivals we had a few weeks ago.
Sad thing is, i just cant see it happening?.

We should beat Vale and Walsall IMO.

The rest of Feb is tough. I don't see us getting much except maybe against Newport who I think are in a table position unreflective of their relatively poor quality. However, we have 4-5 winnable games in March which will be the crucial time for us.

The window to stay up is closing ....

We need 2 strikers who can score goals and a replacement for Olayinka.

None of those things will be achieved in the next few days.

Time to start building for non league in all honesty

I do wonder though if the vote due to happen in national league may yet save us from ourselves and national league down is made null and void. Maybe that is my wishful thinking, but i am not convinced we can get ourselves out of this, we keep passing up golden chances to move off the foot of the table and have that psychological impact on the team. Really hoping we can get a revival going again soon and see our December form came back into play. I agree with most others comments around the formation, i'm not sue why MM changed this as we were doing well and our drop in form or return to bad form appears to be due to change in formation. Fingers crossed we can get a few extra bodies in and back off the treatment table. Really want to believe we can stay up but last 3 results have knocked that confidence, but still plenty of chances but we have to start taking them. Or hope for a helping hand from COVID with the national league being cancelled and no relegation happening this year, here's to hoping ah in a weird way, but would rather we took our own opportunity and remain in the league on merit

Back