• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FFS,..not Southgate...has too much to learn...maybe,just maybe ina few years.
I would go foreign...maybe a German or Dutch...they are very much like us...but winners...ok not the Dutch this Euros!!
If you must have an Englishman...only Glenn Hoddle....but i think the FA will go foreign

If it's Harry Redknapp I will not be supporting or watching England until he leaves, same goes for that **** Pardew.

Whereas you I assume thought Hodgson was a good appointment?

Never get this sort of reaction. Thought Hodgson was a terrible appointment, but Id never not support the England team because of it.

They could give the job to Karl Duguid and Id still be watching :smile:

Never get this sort of reaction. Thought Hodgson was a terrible appointment, but Id never not support the England team because of it.

I thought he was the best of a bad bunch. I didn't agree when the foreign managers were appointed and didn't show any interest in England when they were in charge. Don't like Pardew or Redknapp, would much rather Big Sam.

My passion lies with Southend United that's why I have the club badge tattooed on me and not England's. I would never ever stop supporting them. As for the over paid bunch of clowns who are a disgrace to the shirt and country well it's easy to not bother with them.

Southgate has just won a tournament a trophy to show for some excellent work with the under 21s...surely earnt consideration.
Allardyce maybe...has good record.
Glenn hoddle id have no problem either. Got stitched by reporter then the FA let him down too....unfinished business.

I thought he was the best of a bad bunch. I didn't agree when the foreign managers were appointed and didn't show any interest in England when they were in charge. Don't like Pardew or Redknapp, would much rather Big Sam.

My passion lies with Southend United that's why I have the club badge tattooed on me and not England's. I would never ever stop supporting them. As for the over paid bunch of clowns who are a disgrace to the shirt and country well it's easy to not bother with them.

Christ on a bike.

Im glad you arent on the panel! :smile:

Talking of the panel, one of the 3 man panel selecting the new England manager is Dan Ashworth. He used to play for Norwich apparently before working for the likes of Cambridge and WBA. Amazing credentials, I reckon him might end up picking Big Sam.

Very true, I thought Roy achieved exactly what I expected him to achieve.

Have to agree, he was the best of a bad bunch, Hodgon's England managerial record is by far from the worst, actually historically it is way above par versus the others.

My main concern isn't really who the next manager will be, but just the acceptance that the current players we have are nowhere near good enough to challenge decent teams on the big stage.

As for the next England Manager, well I would prefer him to be English, but ultimately don't care, as long as we get the best man for the job, and in time for the Scotland World Cup Qualifier in November... god forbid that we lose that one.. we will never hear the end of it!!

My main concern isn't really who the next manager will be, but just the acceptance that the current players we have are nowhere near good enough to challenge decent teams on the big stage.

If we accept that, then we should just persuade Hodgson to stay. Our players have the talent to compete - we need a manager who will not accept that just qualifying for the major tournaments is enough.

Have to agree, he was the best of a bad bunch, Hodgon's England managerial record is by far from the worst, actually historically it is way above par versus the others.

As for the next England Manager, well I would prefer him to be English, but ultimately don't care, as long as we get the best man for the job, and in time for the Scotland World Cup Qualifier in November... god forbid that we lose that one.. we will never hear the end of it!!

Accept that the current players arent good enough to beat Iceland thoug?

We may not be tournament favourites but we should be certainties to have reached the quarter finals and shouldn't be writing off any chance of competing against the likes of Italy/Belgium/France.

The team vastly under performed even with our normal over hyping of England's abilities.

England ARE good enough to beat the big teams in qualifying or in friendlies....if we played Iceland in qualifying for Qatar, then we'd beat them home and away, quite comfortably. However, come tournament time we turn into glass, with zero confidence and zero quality. Is it the weight of expectation? Sadly whoever is put in charge of any number of England players will end up with the same result.

If we accept that, then we should just persuade Hodgson to stay. Our players have the talent to compete - we need a manager who will not accept that just qualifying for the major tournaments is enough.

As Patriotic as I am, I have to disagree, If England really are a supposedly top 10 global team, I think a draw against Russia (29th) & Slovakia (24th) and losing to Iceland (34th) doesn't really paint us quite in the right light in terms of our talent pool.

I think 100% of the blame can't be placed purely at the doorstep of the manager & the rest of the back room staff for tactics, formations etc... at the end of the day, the current players just aren't up to the task & whom ever comes in next as England manager, i'm not entirely sure they can improve their performance by that much on what we currently have in the national team.

Perhaps the only silver lining (and i'm clutching at straws here) is that the new national academy at St. Georges Park is still in it's early days & way behind other nations, so perhaps we can catch them up quick & produce some world class, home grown players.

How about Pearce, with Ray Wilkins and Alan Shearer as coaches?
Stuart Pearce who failed with Manchester City, England u21s, Team GB and Nottingham Forest, assisted by Alan Shearer who failed in tough circumstances in 7 games at Newcastle and Ray Wilkins whose last 3 jobs were a poor stint in charge of Jordan, assistant to Sherwood's failure at Villa and a poor spell as assistant at Fulham in their relegation season?

If they hadn't played for England, would any of these names even be linked as a joke? I doubt it.

Stuart Pearce who failed with Manchester City, England u21s, Team GB and Nottingham Forest, assisted by Alan Shearer who failed in tough circumstances in 7 games at Newcastle and Ray Wilkins whose last 3 jobs were a poor stint in charge of Jordan, assistant to Sherwood's failure at Villa and a poor spell as assistant at Fulham in their relegation season?

If they hadn't played for England, would any of these names even be linked as a joke? I doubt it.

Better than some of the names being suggested - and at least they would have passion about it.

As Patriotic as I am, I have to disagree, If England really are a supposedly top 10 global team, I think a draw against Russia (29th) & Slovakia (24th) and losing to Iceland (34th) doesn't really paint us quite in the right light in terms of our talent pool.

I think 100% of the blame can't be placed purely at the doorstep of the manager & the rest of the back room staff for tactics, formations etc... at the end of the day, the current players just aren't up to the task & whom ever comes in next as England manager, i'm not entirely sure they can improve their performance by that much on what we currently have in the national team.

Perhaps the only silver lining (and i'm clutching at straws here) is that the new national academy at St. Georges Park is still in it's early days & way behind other nations, so perhaps we can catch them up quick & produce some world class, home grown players.

So how do you explain the ten wins in ten games in qualifying and the friendly wins against Germany and France? It's not a massive sample size, but it's bigger than yours.

How about Pearce, with Ray Wilkins and Alan Shearer as coaches?

Not bad for an all English set up.. not sure about Ray Wilkins though.. But Stuart Pearce & Alan Shearer should in theory getting the Lions roaring again. Perhaps in place of Wilkins, we can give Hoddle a second bite of the cherry Or Harry Redknapp just for a bit of his Cockney banter"

Southgate has just won a tournament a trophy to show for some excellent work with the under 21s...surely earnt consideration.
Allardyce maybe...has good record.
Glenn hoddle id have no problem either. Got stitched by reporter then the FA let him down too....unfinished business.

Southgates "effort" in the last u-21 was abysmal,like Hodgsons..dont know if you saw us,but no far too early,if ever-
As for the tournament he won in the summer,saw that as well,well done,but only one??and that tournament was not even played as a full game(90 minutes!!)

Back