• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend_aussies

I come from a land down under
The next month of fixtures, in my opinion, will show us exactly where we are as we head into the New Year.

Today - Wigan (H) - 5th
12th December - Bradford (A) - 6th
18th December - Bury (H) - 9th
26th December - Colchester (A) - 19th (but position doesn't matter in a rivalry)
28th December - Millwall (H) - 12th
2nd January - Doncaster (H) - 16th (but have won 4 of last 5)

If we do well over the next month the promotion race is on.

The next month of fixtures, in my opinion, will show us exactly where we are as we head into the New Year.

Today - Wigan (H) - 5th. 0-0
12th December - Bradford (A) - 6th 1-1
18th December - Bury (H) - 9th 2-1
26th December - Colchester (A) - 19th (but position doesn't matter in a rivalry) 0-2
28th December - Millwall (H) - 12th 2-1
2nd January - Doncaster (H) - 16th (but have won 4 of last 5) 2-0

There you go, 14 points should see us in the playoffs and Area Final JPT, bring it on :happy:

Today - Wigan (H) - 5th
26th December - Colchester (A) - 19th (but position doesn't matter in a rivalry)

You're right, after these games we will be where we are .

I think we can challenge for a promotion push, but I dont think we will pick up 14 points from the above games,

Obviously we got a draw with Wigan, I predict following draws with Bradford & Bury, a Win against Col Utd, a draw against Millwall and a win against the Donny's.

So I will be happy with 10 points from those games listed above, also I believe a win at swindon away is possible, bringing the total to 13 points, before tough games at Coventry & Posh in the new year.

Either which way, thats just get to the 52 point mark and take it from there.

UTB :happy:

Last edited:
I think we can challenge for a promotion push, but I dont think we will pick up 14 points from the above games,

Obviously we got a draw with Wigan, I predict following draws with Bradford & Bury, a Win against Col Utd, a draw against Millwall and a win against the Donny's.

So I will be happy with 10 points from those games listed above, also I believe a win at swindon away is possible, bringing the total to 13 points, before tough games at Coventry & Posh in the new year.

Either which way, thats just get to the 52 point mark and take it from there.

UTB :happy:
The game with Coventry is a home game, we drew 2-2 at Coventry in August. I was there, cracking, open game, 2-1 up after going 1 down but Ricketts levelled. Mooney and Hunt scored for us and we could have won it.
Hopefully Hunt will return soon to boost a promotion run in the New Year:thumbsup:

lets get the 50 odd we need to stay up first

Precisely. This is all I am thinking about. We're 19 points away from another season out of the basement league as far as I'm concerned. Anything else is a bonus.

Today - Wigan (H) - 5th

Pretty sure someone posted something like this last month?
End of the season will tell us where we are not the month of December.

I'm sure all us fans and certainly the squad would love to push for promotion. Not that it's important but just how do you think Ron would feel about a promotion to the Championship next season???

Back