• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Season’s Full Fixtures List Published

Well my personal view is if we get a good start, given that Ruislip is pretty near we could take more than 600. 1300 seems a bit optimistic but we're all quite mad so who knows.

I can see we will take a decent number to Kings Lynn for a number of factors,1 first game for nearly 2 years that fans can attend, 2 first game in the NL,3 good chance we will win.Downside its holiday time some fans wont be able to go

I can see we will take a decent number to Kings Lynn for a number of factors,1 first game for nearly 2 years that fans can attend, 2 first game in the NL,3 good chance we will win.Downside its holiday time some fans wont be able to go
I think we will take about 1200-1400 easy for exactly the same reason.

It’s not bad for a part-time tinpot club! I believe 600 is the maximum if its all ticket, but more likely to be segregated giving Southend a third of the ground - probably around 1,300. Will you bring that many?
Bank holiday Monday a new ground we will sell 1300 no problem

I have been looking at days and dates for first half of the season AND I believe Ron needs to complain LOUD and angry about fixtures.

Of the first 19 games we have 10 at home, with 5 being on a Tuesday and only 5 on a Saturday, of which one has had time of ko changed already.
All 9 away are on Saturdays with zero away Tuesday games.

We also play Bromley home and away either side of Barnet fixture.

Midweek home games will be down on crowd, especially when clashiching with TV Chumps League.

I haven't checked the 2022 fixtures but imo it is not a fair schedule.

Yes, was there at Lower Mead in Harrow that day for the Cup tie.
It seemed strange Stones have played anywhere but Wealdstone since 1922!
The lone scorer on November 24, 1979, was actually John Walker in the second half I think, and a scrambled effort at the other end to me!
My one contribution was to hold out my hands to stop an onrushing Colin Morris from charging into the barrier and over it behind one goal!
The Southend shirt of that season 79/80 is now a popular retro shirt, and here is a pic of some Blues players from that game, including Walker, presenting a cheque to legend Alan Moody in 2017.
PS. After retiring, Walker joined Essex Police and rose to the rank of chief inspector in Rayleigh!

Back