• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next season's away games - what are you looking forward to?

Fancy Lincoln and Tranmere of the new and keep meaning to tick off Accrington Stanley.

Are Coventry playing at Birmingham's ground next season?

I believe they are. Yeah that would be good for another tick off. Does that count if it's a different club playing at a ground.

I'd hate us to ground share. Loss of identity.

Me and the good luck charm (my son) are looking at,

Burton
Coventry
Ipswich
Wycombe
Gillingham
Portsmouth

Subject to work and these games not being midweek.

I believe they are. Yeah that would be good for another tick off. Does that count if it's a different club playing at a ground.

I'd hate us to ground share. Loss of identity.
Not sure where Coventry are playing next season heard it maybe Birmingham or Ricoh plus they was talking about Coventry rugby clubs ground too

What was that lovely place where you had your wedding, it was a really nice venue? I assume you can just stay there not as part of a party booking?

Horwood House. Fairly sure it's a regular hotel. Also been to Castle Ashby today and that's gorgeous.

Not sure where Coventry are playing next season heard it maybe Birmingham or Ricoh plus they was talking about Coventry rugby clubs ground too

Only got a 4000 capacity.

I think someone has already confirmed its Birmingham

IIRC fixtures are out on June 20?
We have been lucky to have home games as 1st and last games recently (and that got us out of the pooh) but we "must" be due away starts and finishes soon. Hopefully good destinations that can be tacked onto hol trips. I did the old Donny Belle Vue khazi on way home from Up North many years ago, for example.
Christmas and New Year fixtures are special too so hopefully we get some good 'uns like Ipswich for New Year.

Only got a 4000 capacity.

I think someone has already confirmed its Birmingham
Birmingham would be better option if they have to leave the Ricoh.Hopefully they can stay.I read if they were to use Rugby ground they would have to alter the ground

Bolton obviously, Ipswich,having lived there for 8 years of the 70's and my sister, nephew and niece still do but also will do my best to get to Pompey and Sunderland as not been there before and that will take me to over 70 of the 92.

Brighton in one of the cups would be nice , padded seats , first class leg room , amiable home supporters , decent pubs away from the station plus part of the train journey subsidised inclusive of matchday tickets , plus the slam dunk of Piglets Pantry pies .

IIRC fixtures are out on June 20?
We have been lucky to have home games as 1st and last games recently (and that got us out of the pooh) but we "must" be due away starts and finishes soon. Hopefully good destinations that can be tacked onto hol trips. I did the old Donny Belle Vue khazi on way home from Up North many years ago, for example.
Christmas and New Year fixtures are special too so hopefully we get some good 'uns like Ipswich for New Year.

Isn't there generally a music festival in :COLU:, around the 1st game of the season, which means they have to play away and we becomes Homer's ....:Unsure:

I will probably book to go to most of them with TravelZone again this season, unless I'm on holiday. I will not however bother to be crammed in the cattle shed at Wimbledon or pay good money to have the awful away fans view at Sunderland as my binoculars are not that powerful! Looking forward to returning to the Bolton stadium where we stayed for a Bury game and always enjoy the day at Accrington, good pubs, away fan option of standing behind the goal or sitting along the side and good facilities for food,drink, etc.

Isn't there generally a music festival in :COLU:, around the 1st game of the season, which means they have to play away and we becomes Homer's ....:Unsure:

Yeah this kind of thing happened to me last season - Plymouth and Bristol games clashed with Sidmouth and Cornwall Folk Festivals respectively

Back