• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2011-2012 Away kit.

• Total voters

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Now, I know there is already a thread on this but I thought it best to start a new one with the actual images of the shirts.

http://i52.tinypic.com/104enub.jpg

So those were the artist impressions we saw back in February. Three of the designs are spot on, but option C isn't in the range so I've gone for the only similar shirt in the new range.

So here's a more realistic look at the shirts,

Option A.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2r78ynd.png

Option B.
http://i54.tinypic.com/23rr6m9.png

Option C.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2w4istv.png

Option D.
http://i55.tinypic.com/qog0zq.png

The information on the OS about being able to pick the colour and style, is quite frankly false because the shirts in the other colours don't exist.

So, what do we think now?

Last edited:
Is this a clue that next season Southend will cease to exist, and we'll be forced to follow Leeds, Brighton, Plymouth or Hull instead?

C looks like a GK's shirt Scott? Still don't like the orange and black stripes at all, and the pink and black only marginally less. The white for me, although if that's paired with white shorts it'll be dirty Leeds so if that's the way it goes then I want to see our regular blue shorts. The green is ok if that is the correct alternative.

I really, really like that green one.

Pink all the way for me though as I reckon it'd sell the best to be honest. Other teams pink ones have.

C looks like a GK's shirt Scott? Still don't like the orange and black stripes at all, and the pink and black only marginally less. The white for me, although if that's paired with white shorts it'll be dirty Leeds so if that's the way it goes then I want to see our regular blue shorts. The green is ok if that is the correct alternative.

It's an outfield shirt, although the new GK shirt does have a similar design on the sleeves.

Got to be the white with blue shorts. And why on earth don't we wear white shorts with our home strip? Looks so much smarter. My other big wish (and I make no apologies for bringing it up again) is that our club crest was 'coloured in', rather than the pathetic silver threaded transparent excuse for a crest we have now.

Not a fan of collars on football tops so it's a no from me for the white one, none that stick out for me i kind of like the cherry red. orange and black would be good if it was maybe yellow and pale blue (but then it might be too close to oxford...)

Got to be the white with blue shorts. And why on earth don't we wear white shorts with our home strip? Looks so much smarter. My other big wish (and I make no apologies for bringing it up again) is that our club crest was 'coloured in', rather than the pathetic silver threaded transparent excuse for a crest we have now.

Agreed on the home kit, it looks so much better with white shorts and socks. When we play in all navy we look too dark especially with players sweating and when it rains our home kit almost looks black.

I have to disagree with the badge though, with a background badge you lose the little bits of detail. I do however think our badge on the whole is pretty poor.

Option C is shocking! A rival for worst shirt design ever - the pink one is growing on me but I do like the White one.

I think C if it were a yellow/orange combination. The difficulty with white is that we'd end up reverting to a third kit too often... How many blue/white striped home kits are there in League Two (or more optimistically - League One)?

I always make a decision based on a scarve with navy/white as the core what would make a nice stripe in the middle!

C is the template for the new Barca kit. It looks horrid above, imagine what that looks like being worn by one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Pink all day long for me.

Crap Away Kit?

Sorry but is it only me that thinks they are all crap?

Come on you Whites?
Come on you pinks?
Come on you greens?
Come on you orange and blacks?

Oh dear :thumbdown:

Did anybody watch the Chelsea/Copenhagen match last week? The commentators were taking the **** out of the Copenhagen strip more than watching the game.

I fear that the orange and/or cherry kit would get a similar reaction.

Who came up with these? Can we please get rid of them and replace them with someone with at least some semblance of sanity?

Sorry but is it only me that thinks they are all crap?

Come on you Whites?
Come on you pinks?
Come on you greens?
Come on you orange and blacks?

Oh dear :thumbdown:
I'm not a big fan either. The green one looks hideous to me, the pink one is too dazzling and the Hull-esque one is pointless as it's too dark and presumably the shorts and socks will be black, too close to our navy. The white one is the best of a bad bunch and an all-white away strip would be OK; I quite liked the one we wore in the Championship.

Back