• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Next Zoom Meeting

Safe standing - with several premier clubs installing rail seats - are there any plans for standing area at Fossets Farm?

I went into the shop last today to pick up a shirt for my boy. Asked to have it printed with his name on and was told that the printer wasn't working and that it probably wouldn't be fixed within the next few weeks.

Surely this is something the club should be looking to get fixed ASAP. Can this be asked?

I went into the shop last today to pick up a shirt for my boy. Asked to have it printed with his name on and was told that the printer wasn't working and that it probably wouldn't be fixed within the next few weeks.

Surely this is something the club should be looking to get fixed ASAP. Can this be asked?
Good point that, although Macron run the shop not the club so not sure if it is the clubs remit, but it should be asked

Last edited:
It may be superfluous and it is only a small part of the Club BUT I ask that the very good work of the community team be mentioned and thanked. The "oldies" initiative for the walking football, which I have attended ( my poor knees knew it too!) And the golf which I intend trying are noteworthy, things that go unsung BUT really help make us a Club.
Things which deserve better publicity, plaudits and support from in and outside SUFC.

Can you ask why the season tickets are being sent out so late. There is a good chance we won't have them before the first game if the post continues with its own problems.
From what I can see on the "Season Ticket" thread not many have recieved their season tickets. Looks like there will be long queues on Saturday for the 3000+ season ticket holders. Complete shambles and needs an answer

From what I can see on the "Season Ticket" thread not many have recieved their season tickets. Looks like there will be long queues on Saturday for the 3000+ season ticket holders. Complete shambles and needs an answer

And whoever asks the question needs to point out that we seem to have a similar shambles every year. More often than not, I have to call the ticket office because it's the day before that first game and my season ticket hasn't arrived.

If whoever answers tries to blame it on Covid or call it a "one off" or "unprecedented", that is total rubbish. It's an incompetent shambles every year and they need to take measures to sort this out.

TBH, it feels like SUFC just do not give a **** about the season ticket holders. Once they've got our money, that's it.

A couple from me that are very minor.

Can the fixture dates on the website (and calendar) be updated to reflect the changes in fixture dates. Both Grimsby matches still show as Saturday fixtures. Stockport time has only recently been changed.

Season tickets (although I'm sure this will be brought up) No special season ticket wallet, no welcome pack literally just "please find enclosed your season ticket" printed on an A4 bit of paper. Could have written it on the back of a stamp.

Perhaps more one for the Exiles than for you guys, but I'd like to know what the club are doing with fans abroad in mind.

With Covid it's made it impossible for most of us to contemplate coming back for a game when visiting, then with relegation we've lost iFollow to watch matches, so now have the choice of paying to get a short highlight video on a Monday, and the new club shop doesn't do international postage.

Sure, we're a small crowd and probably don't bring much money into the club anyway, but it's been a rough few months and while some aspects are beyond the club's control, there hasn't been any initiative from them to pick things up either.

I have a question, whilst it didn’t affect me directly I thought it was disgusting for those it did affect.

The South Upper in the middle behind the goal, there was a camera put up there and in the scaffolding holding up the camera there is a pigeon nest. It looks like that has been living there a while as underneath on the front row the poor sods who’ve obviously got season ticket seats there had to come back to Roots Hall for the first time in ages to seats, floor and rails covered in bird ****! It was covered and looked like it had been there for a good while. I saw one fan come back with a load of wet wipes to attempt to clean this welded on bird excrement.

There has been plenty of time for the stadium to be prepared for our return how has this been allowed to happen? Surely a walk round of all the stands should’ve been done to ensure a good experience for the return of fans. And this wasn’t something that happened over night!

I have a question, whilst it didn’t affect me directly I thought it was disgusting for those it did affect.

The South Upper in the middle behind the goal, there was a camera put up there and in the scaffolding holding up the camera there is a pigeon nest. It looks like that has been living there a while as underneath on the front row the poor sods who’ve obviously got season ticket seats there had to come back to Roots Hall for the first time in ages to seats, floor and rails covered in bird ****! It was covered and looked like it had been there for a good while. I saw one fan come back with a load of wet wipes to attempt to clean this welded on bird excrement.

There has been plenty of time for the stadium to be prepared for our return how has this been allowed to happen? Surely a walk round of all the stands should’ve been done to ensure a good experience for the return of fans. And this wasn’t something that happened over night!
Basic shortcomings like this and we have the expensive and increasingly questionable luxury of a CEO.

Same in quite a few seats in the west my seat was filthy,talk about take the money and run.

As I mentioned in another thread, there was pigeon poo on some seats in the East Stand, some fresh and some welded on. I know there have been many cuts to staff over the past few years, so maybe no one checks the Stands and seats like they used to for an upcoming home match. When it's welded on, then you know it's not being dealt with.

Possibly already mentioned, but getting a match day programme in the bar area, when totally busy I just gave up, more lost revenue to the club ???

As I mentioned in another thread, there was pigeon poo on some seats in the East Stand, some fresh and some welded on. I know there have been many cuts to staff over the past few years, so maybe no one checks the Stands and seats like they used to for an upcoming home match. When it's welded on, then you know it's not being dealt with.
One man with jet washer going full blast on all stands over 4 days @ 175 squids per day job done all for £700 ffs, get it done Club it's disgusting.

One man with jet washer going full blast on all stands over 4 days @ 175 squids per day job done all for £700 ffs, get it done Club it's disgusting.
I actually thought they did this as I was supposed to have a meeting a little while back and it was called off because they were doing this themselves. Maybe that's the problem - not actually getting someone in to do it.

Back