• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile does do some good work off the field, as well.

He is not in the category of some others mentioned in this thread, but he is the very definition of a "work in progress".

Once this court case is out of the way and he can fully concentrate on the playing side, we could have one of the best strikers in the division next season.

other issues, matters away from the club, lazy trainer etc

Other issues? Please elaborate.
Matters away from the club, are well versed and being dealt with.
Lazy trainer? Where has this been accurately documented? Don't want hearsay.

Mate he's no angel we know, we knew what we were getting from the off, but he can, with time and good management be the difference in any game.

I think he knows this is last chance to make something of himself, and the big test for his character will be the close season break. If he can get through that unscathed then there is no reason why he can't become a key player next season.

Other issues? Please elaborate.
Matters away from the club, are well versed and being dealt with.
Lazy trainer? Where has this been accurately documented? Don't want hearsay.

Mate he's no angel we know, we knew what we were getting from the off, but he can, with time and good management be the difference in any game.

You are Simon Cowell, and I claim my £5

I think this is the one :-

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...fter_Blues__defeat_at_Bristol_Rovers/?ref=rss

It suggests that Nile knows he needs to do extra training and strengthening, but certainly doesn't suggest he is lazy, IMHO.

I think that's a rather generous interpretation to say the least.

"I’m not the best professional but I’m trying to give it a good go" and "the players are getting onto me about doing extra" are particularly telling IMO. A true professional footballer would give it at least 110% whilst most people would claim to be giving it their all/doing their best rather than merely trying to give it a good go.

The good news is he has awareness that he has a problem and team mates trying to push him. I hope he doesn't use his sentence (be it prison or community service) as an excuse to slack. This is a huge off-season for him.

I would say that both the statements highlighted are actually examples that he isn't lazy.

"Trying to give it a go" and "extra" being the operative words, I think.

Yep, he doesn't naturally put the extra work in that some would, but I'm not sure that makes him lazy.

To me, lazy is not even producing the bare amount required as a norm.

8 goals in 25 games. Just above 1 in 3.

How can you be disappointed with that?

I'm not hugely dissapointed in that. But that is fairly average. It's the whole God complex that some of our fans have. He is a useful player but no more than that. Some go on like he is better than Eastwood or Collymore which is rediculous.

He scored important goals as well. Just after his 'lazy' interview he scored the first goal in the next 4 games and we took 12 points. Oldham decided to rough him up but he still scored the first when we were down to 10 men. Unfortunately we paid a big price in injuries that week, remember he was in a pot after the game. He never regained his fitness before the season ended.

I think that's a rather generous interpretation to say the least.

"I’m not the best professional but I’m trying to give it a good go" and "the players are getting onto me about doing extra" are particularly telling IMO. A true professional footballer would give it at least 110% whilst most people would claim to be giving it their all/doing their best rather than merely trying to give it a good go.

The good news is he has awareness that he has a problem and team mates trying to push him. I hope he doesn't use his sentence (be it prison or community service) as an excuse to slack. This is a huge off-season for him.

Suggests to me that he is trying to improve his overall fitness levels, and his teammates are supportive.
As for true professionals giving it "at least 110%". I didn't think that you could go above 100% :winking:. Sorry being picky just a bug bear of mine.

Its not just his goal return though. I would never expect him to score more than 12-15 if he was fit for a whole season, but its what he brings to the team as a whole.

I bet we didn't lose many of those 25 games he played, despite only scoring 8 goals.

Back