• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No wonder the Goats been off form...

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
He's been playing through the pain barrier with a minor dislocated collar-bone.

Goat has broken collar bone

He will be out for a couple of weeks.

Is Freddy injured as well?

If so, thats Gray and Lawson up front then v Huddersfield.

A midfield of Gower, Guttridge, Smith and Campbell-Ryce.

Usual back four and keeper.

Subs -

Bentley, Edwards, Jupp, Pettefer and Cole

Hmm. Think we'll do well to get owt from that game.

Now don't be so hasty fbm - that is still a good team. Gray and Lawson can do a very good job upfront and feel they could work well together. In the middle the return of Gutts is a huge bonus for the team. He will be welcomed back with open arms. And the bck 5 have not been that bad this season - how many times have we lost by more than the odd goal this season? not many i tell you that. We should go there with hope. A win at Huddersfield will do wonders for the boys. So lets get behind them on Saturday whoever is joining me up there and hope for a great performance and a great result!

Southend Forever!

Yeah JCR is out. Is Eastwood defo injured? Is gutts defo back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Dec. 13 2005,23:20)]Yeah JCR is out. Is Eastwood defo injured? Is gutts defo back?
I saw on another thread Freddy was injured but I may be wrong.

So thats Cole in then.

One thing I've learned from 36 years of supporting SUFC - expect the unexpected.  We are in a poor run, skippers suspended, crucial midfielder may be rushed back a game early, we are down to 2 strikers (maybe), and are playing against the team 2nd in the table away.  Only one result looks likely - another Blues defeat.

So I reckon we'll win 2-1.

wink.gif

I'd like to see a midfield of Gower, Gutts, Benno and Petts - more likely to get a job done IMHO.

I would always play Bentley , we lack power in Midfield without him . In general I think as a side we lack power and height apart from at Centre Back

i can see where you're coming from with bringing petts back in but i still have my doubts. quite frankly i just dont the way he plays. admittedly he will give us better defensive cover but its going forward and creating chances where we are struggerling at present. i suppose its another option but id much rather try gower on the right and cole down the left. cant argue with benno and gutts in the middle - presuming gutts is fit - if not then go for jay

Certainly I would advocate Pettefer starting on the right, simply because of his defensive ability plus his ball retention skills. He is also a far more consistent deliverer of crosses than JCR, and we haven't really put too many in lately.

Give Petts a chance!

I think gving Petts a chance on Saturday could be defintely be an option, maybe we need to try and be a bit more solid especially away from home!

I just hope that Freddy is fit for the game, otherwise we don't have an awful lot of attacking potential....

I'd play Petts, but not on the wing, Benno can do a better job on the right than Petts

Back